Prostatitis is considered a serious disease of inflammatory origin. It negatively affects erectile function and the work of the genitourinary system. The appearance of the disease is provoked by hypothermia of the genitals, lack of sex life or infections. No doctor will be able to say exactly how much prostatitis is treated. The speed of recovery depends on the method of treatment, concomitant diseases, the degree of neglect and the form of prostatitis. With an integrated approach, the inflammatory process disappears faster than with monotherapy.
Duration of prostatitis treatment
It is impossible to calculate the exact duration of prostatitis treatment. In each case, it will be different. Treatment is aimed at eliminating symptoms and restoring the emotional state of the man. The basis of therapy is the intake of anti-inflammatory drugs.
The duration of their application varies from 4 to 12 weeks. The treatment regimen is selected by the doctor. He focuses on the results of research that is carried out to make a diagnosis.
In addition, the following drugs are prescribed:
- antiviral medicines;
- vitamin complexes.
Chronic prostatitis is more difficult to cure. Therefore, therapy will take much longer.
If after 3 months of taking antibiotics, there is no positive trend, surgery is performed. The recovery process takes another 1-2 months.
How much acute prostatitis is treated depends on the timeliness of visiting a doctor. The earlier the disease was discovered, the less effort will be required to eliminate it.
Physiotherapy and diet will help speed up drug therapy and improve its effectiveness.
The duration of taking antibacterial drugs is 14-20 days. This time is enough to relieve the symptoms of the disease.
The result of the treatment is:
- normalization of urination function;
- elimination of pain and pressure in the perineum;
- restoration of erection;
- improving the quality of semen;
- strengthening the immune system.
In some cases, the doctor prescribes microclysters and massage of the prostate gland.
How to speed up the healing process?
The speed of recovery largely depends on the actions of the man outside the medical facility. With the help of folk remedies, you can increase the effectiveness of the main therapy.
For this purpose the following applies:
- medical gymnastics;
- warm baths;
- folk remedies.
Compliance with the doctor's recommendations is of no small importance in the effectiveness of treatment. A man needs to give up sexual intercourse for a while. It is important to avoid hypothermia and stressful situations. It is also recommended to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Compliance with a certain dietary pattern will strengthen the body, which will speed up the healing process. The diet should be balanced. It is recommended to stop eating fatty foods.
It promotes the formation of atherosclerotic plaques, which slow down the blood circulation in the pelvis. Adding parsley, walnuts, cucumbers and dill to the diet will help strengthen the work of the prostate gland.
Drinking alcoholic beverages reduces the effectiveness of antibacterial treatment and inhibits prostate function.
How long prostatitis is treated depends on the level of physical fitness of the man. A sedentary lifestyle impairs the process of blood circulation in the genitals. Therapeutic gymnastics helps to normalize it, which keeps the prostate gland in a normal state.
Loads increase gradually as the body strengthens. It is advisable to perform the exercises under the supervision of a specialist.
- increased body temperature;
- postoperative period;
- chronic diseases of internal organs in the acute stage.
Exercises are performed without jerking. The transition between them should be smooth. It is imperative to warm up before exercising. It will avoid injury.
It is recommended to contract and unclench the anus muscles during each exercise. This will increase the effectiveness of therapeutic exercises.
Taking a warm bath ensures blood flow to the pelvic organs. This helps to eliminate painful sensations.
To make the effect more pronounced, it is recommended to observe the following rules:
- water temperature - no more than 40⁰С;
- bath time - no more than 20 minutes;
- Before using warm baths, you should consult a urologist.
It is useful for the male body to add herbal decoctions to the bath. They help to normalize the genitourinary system and have a relaxing effect.
The following recipes are most effective:
- 70 grams of lavender should be poured with 5 liters of hot water. Within 15 minutes, the remedy comes to readiness, after which it is added to the bath. The full course of treatment includes 10 procedures.
- Pour boiling water over pine needles and leave for 15 minutes. After straining, the broth is added to the bath. During the procedure, redness of the skin may be observed. This indicates an improvement in blood circulation.
- 5 liters of hot water will require 70 grams of dried yarrow. The remedy is infused for 10 minutes. A bath with the addition of a decoction is taken no more than 8 minutes. The duration of treatment includes 15 procedures.
Traditional therapies act as adjunctive therapy. Without the use of anti-inflammatory drugs, they will not have the desired effect on the disease.
The most effective folk remedies include:
- 2 mummy tablets must be diluted with running water until completely dissolved. The resulting product is taken 3 times a day before meals.
- 500 grams of pumpkin seeds should be thoroughly chopped with a blender and then mixed with 200 ml of bee honey. Small balls are rolled from the resulting mass. It is advisable to keep them in the refrigerator. The medicine is taken 1 piece before meals.
- Birch tar must be heated and combined with 3 tbsp. l. propolis tinctures. Using a pipette, the medicated ointment is injected into the rectal opening every day before going to bed. How much prostatitis in men is treated in this way depends on its severity. On average, this takes 1-2 months.
- Pour 300 ml of hot water into a herbal mixture of juniper, wintergreen, celandine, bearberry and plantain. After that, the infusion is brought to readiness in a water bath for 15 minutes.
- In the acute form of prostatitis, you need to eat a pinch of crushed wormwood, washed down with warm water. The interval between doses is 2 hours.
- Dried and chopped aspen bark in a volume of 100 grams should be poured with 1 liter of hot water. For 15 minutes, the remedy is cooked over low heat. You need to take it cooled down half an hour before meals 1 time per day.
- Kalanchoe leaves are thoroughly chopped using a blender. A glass of the mixture will require 100 ml of vodka or pure alcohol. Within 5 days, the agent comes to readiness. You need to take the tincture for 1 tsp. per day.
What happens if inflammation is left untreated?
Some men, having learned how long it takes to treat prostatitis, let the problem go by itself. When neglected, prostatitis is transformed from an acute form into a chronic one. The duration of the treatment period in this case increases. It can take several months.
With the long-term course of non-infectious prostatitis, the following complications appear:
- urinary disorder;
- problems with ejaculation, lack of sex drive;
- decreased semen quality;
- nervous disorders;
- prostate sclerosis.
The infectious form of prostatitis is a dangerous spread of infection to other organs of the small pelvis. As a result, the function of the genitourinary system is disturbed, an erection completely disappears. The risk of developing cystitis, abscess, vesiculitis, or infertility increases.
The most dangerous complication is an abscess. It leads to kidney infection and urinary stasis.
With prolonged course of prostatitis, scars form in the prostate gland, which are removed only with the help of surgery.
If prostatitis is accompanied by adenoma or cancer, the likelihood of a favorable outcome is reduced. To eliminate the disease, surgical intervention is required.
How long prostatitis is treated depends on a combination of various factors. On average, this process takes 1-3 months. In the presence of concomitant diseases, the period increases significantly. Early diagnosis of the disease is the surest way to speed up recovery and prevent the development of complications.