Treatment of prostatitis of any form and type involves an integrated approach. And diet therapy is far from the last place. In this article, you will find out which foods have a beneficial effect on the healing process, and which ones are better to refuse. And also about the basic rules and principles of the diet for prostatitis.
When treating both acute and chronic prostatitis, doctors recommend additionally adhering to a diet. Therefore, patients need to know how to properly prepare food during therapy, as well as the most popular and delicious recipes that are allowed to cook.
General principles and goals of the diet
The main principle of the prostatitis diet is proper and healthy nutrition. Restriction in products is used for medicinal and prophylactic purposes. During the period of adherence to the diet, the composition of the blood significantly improves, the functioning of the digestive organs, as well as the genitourinary system, is normalized, which, in turn, leads to a decrease in the load on the prostate and an increase in the absorption of medications. The patient's discomfort in the pelvic area disappears, sexual function improves and the risk of recurrence of prostatitis is minimized.
The main goals of the diet for this disease are:
- normalization of the amount of urine;
- removal of inflammation;
- relief of pain and swelling;
- removing excess salt from the body;
- stool normalization;
- increased immunity;
- reducing the amount of consumed fats and carbohydrates;
- acceleration of recovery.
Experts have identified a list of products that should be completely abandoned during the treatment period:
- yeast dough;
- spicy, salty and smoked meats;
- alcoholic drinks;
- fatty meat and fish;
- all types of legumes;
- carbonated drinks;
- strong tea and coffee;
- store sauces;
The list of products that make up the dietary menu for prostatitis is quite large, so each patient can easily choose dishes according to their preferences:
- lean meats (rabbit, lamb, veal);
- lean poultry (chicken, turkey, quail);
- low-fat varieties of fish (preference should be given to sea fish);
- dairy products;
- chicken eggs;
- bread (bran or rye);
- all varieties of pasta;
- vegetables in any form;
- freshly squeezed juices;
- herbal tea.
Goose and duck meat, as well as semolina, should be eaten in limited quantities.
Sour cream can only be used for dressing various dishes, and butter can only be used as an addition to porridge or pasta, as well as on bread in a thin layer.
In the acute form of the disease
The diet for acute prostatitis involves the use of medium-temperature chopped food. If the body temperature is elevated and there is no appetite at all, doctors advise fasting for several days, subject to abundant fluid intake.
With the above form of the disease, it is recommended to eat food that is easily absorbed by the body and does not burden the organs of the gastrointestinal tract. The basis of the diet is vegetable dishes that are boiled or steamed, supplemented with various fruits and fermented milk products. In small quantities, the use of lean meats, poultry and fish is allowed.
In the acute form of prostatitis, caffeine, spices, spicy and highly salty foods are strictly prohibited. You should refuse products that contribute to gas formation, as well as preservation and meat offal.
In chronic form
Nutrition for chronic prostatitis is not so strict. In limited quantities, you can use mushrooms, spices and dry wine (no more than 1 glass per day). Spicy and salty foods should be excluded from the daily menu.
It is advisable to minimize fatty, smoked and salty foods, limit sauces and legumes. Weak coffee and tea can be consumed in small quantities.
Sample menu for a week
- Breakfast: light herbal tea, porridge, salad with carrots and parsnips.
- Lunch: onion soup, porridge with wheat groats, beef meatballs, jelly.
- Dinner: steamed fish with vegetables, fruit salad.
- Evening snack: kefir.
- Breakfast: 1-2 hard-boiled eggs, milk soup, broth or compote.
- Lunch: mashed potatoes with fish, vegetable salad, tea.
- Dinner: buckwheat, cheesecake, broth.
- Evening snack: a glass of milk.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, seaweed salad, light herbal decoction.
- Lunch: stew with vegetables and fish, salad with cucumbers and herbs, several fruits.
- Dinner: baked potatoes, light vegetable soup, herbal tea.
- Snack before bed: a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast: oatmeal, sandwiches with cheese, dried apricots decoction.
- Lunch: pasta with boiled or baked chicken meat, salad with vegetables, jelly.
- Dinner: corn porridge, herbal tea, carrot cutlets.
- Snack before bed: a glass of freshly squeezed juice.
- Breakfast: porridge with pumpkin, a decoction of any dried fruit or juice.
- Lunch: buckwheat with steamed chicken, tea.
- Dinner: rice porridge, boiled potatoes with fish, vegetable salad.
- Snack before bed: homemade yogurt.
- Breakfast: salad with carrots, boiled rice, herbal tea.
- Lunch: soup with meatballs, steamed fish, vegetable stew, juice.
- Dinner: buckwheat, seafood salad, compote.
- Snack before bed: kefir or fermented baked milk.
- Breakfast: homemade cottage cheese with added fruit, hard-boiled egg, herbal tea.
- Lunch: potatoes with baked lean meat, compote with dried fruits.
- Dinner: pumpkin puree, boiled chicken fillet, a few fruits.
- Snack before bed: a glass of freshly squeezed juice.
Experts recommend including vegetables in the first meal, adding various seasonings when cooking. It is advisable to use an oven, double boiler or multicooker to create dishes.
Cooking principles for prostatitis patients
The diet for prostatitis is not strict, the list of prohibited foods is small, so you can cook various dishes that will satisfy every taste, observing only simple cooking principles.
Meat and fish should be baked, boiled, stewed or steamed. It is advisable to give up fat or use it as little as possible. After boiling the meat, the rest of the broth can be used for various soups. In the case of boiling poultry meat, you must first remove the skin, since it contains a large amount of fat. The fish can also be occasionally charcoal but eaten without a crust.
It is recommended to eat meat shashlik in a minimum amount, while removing the fried crust. Herring should be soaked in water before serving. When preparing first courses, especially soups, it is necessary to minimize the amount of potatoes, and also avoid combining pasta with meat dishes.
When adding vegetables to soups, experts recommend abandoning frying and using them exclusively raw. This approach will significantly reduce the burden on the digestive system.
Second courses are varied - cutlets, meatballs, soufflés and casseroles are allowed. You can cook cereals, casseroles and meatballs from cereals; they are also used in cutlets and meatballs. A vegetable side dish is made from raw vegetables or vegetables that have been steamed and steamed. Frying with a minimum amount of oil is permissible. It is advisable to choose pasta from hard varieties and use it in limited quantities.
Experts recommend the use of funchose, since it is well absorbed by the body.
Prescriptions for patients with prostatitis
Below are recipes for dishes that nutritionists have developed specifically for compiling a menu for a diet for prostatitis.
Baked pink salmon in lemon marinade
- pink salmon - 400 g;
- one small lemon;
- a bunch of greens;
- olive oil - 3 tbspl . ;
- breadcrumbs - 1 tsp.
Remove all bones from fish, can be cut into portions. Next, prepare the marinade. To do this, mix the butter, crackers, add the required amount of salt, grate the fish and sprinkle with herbs. Arrange the lemon rings on top.
Grease a baking sheet with oil or cover with baking paper. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C. Bake for 15 minutes.
The dish can be garnished with lettuce leaves.
Veal with rice
- 150 g veal fillet;
- 1 cup rice
- 1 medium carrot;
- celery and parsley root;
- olive oil - 2 tablespoonsl . ;
- Bay leaf;
Place a piece of veal in water and bring to a boil, then drain the water and replace with a new one, wait until it boils again. Put vegetables and bay leaf in a saucepan, cook meat until tender.
Pour oil into a preheated pan and add pre-washed rice. Fry until the beans are golden brown. Then pour 350 ml of water, reduce the heat as much as possible, close the lid and simmer until tender.
Meat with rice can be garnished with herbs before serving.
- potatoes - 4 pcs. ;
- paprika - 1 tsp;
- ground pepper to taste;
- cumin - 1/4 tsp;
- oregano - 1 tbsp. l . ;
- olive oil - 2 tsp;
- salt to taste.
Peel the potatoes and cut into equal-sized slices. Place in a bowl and combine with vegetable oil. Mix all spices well. Line a baking sheet with baking paper, spread out the potatoes and sprinkle evenly with seasoning. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C and bake for 20-30 minutes, depending on the size of the potatoes.
Serve as an independent dish or together with a vegetable salad.
- low-fat cottage cheese - 500 g;
- chicken eggs - 3 pcs. ;
- flour - 2 tbsp. l . ;
- sugar - 2 tbsp. l.
Grind cottage cheese, add yolks, sugar and flour, mix thoroughly until smooth. Knock the proteins down to a stable foam and slowly introduce into the rest of the mass. If desired, you can add various fruits, berries or dried fruits. Transfer the future pudding to a special baking dish, having previously greased it with oil. Cook in a water bath or in a multicooker in the "Bake" mode.
Buckwheat with mushrooms
- buckwheat - 0. 5 cups;
- 1 tomato;
- 4 small mushrooms;
- half an onion;
- olive oil;
- salt to taste.
Buckwheat should be cooked until tender and seasoned with salt to taste. Heat a frying pan, add oil and fry the chopped onion. Cut the mushrooms into 4 pieces and add to the pan, fry until tender, add diced tomatoes, add herbs and spices to taste. Keep on low heat for 5-7 minutes, then add buckwheat and mix. Turn off the gas and leave for 10 minutes.
Baked apples with berries
- 2 medium apples;
- 1 cup black currant berries (you can use any);
- sugar to taste.
Cut the apples in half and core, mix the berries with sugar. Place a small amount of berries in each half of the apple and arrange on a baking sheet. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C, bake for 15 minutes. The cooled dessert can be sprinkled with sugar or powdered.
- hake fillet - 300 g;
- medium potatoes - 4 pcs. ;
- butter - 50 g;
- cream 15% - 100 ml;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs. ;
- 1 onion;
- olive oil - 2 tbsp. l . ;
- salt to taste.
Boil pre-peeled potatoes until tender, remove from water and mash with butter and cream. In the water in which the potatoes were boiled, place the pieces of fish and cook until tender. Chop the onion and fry in olive oil until golden brown. Beat the whites with a mixer until firm foam. Mix boiled fish, potatoes, onions, yolks and salt until smooth using a blender, gradually add the whites. Put the mixture in a baking dish. Preheat the oven to 200 ° C. Bake the soufflé for 30 minutes.
- carrots - 500 g;
- flour 100 g;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs. ;
- olive oil - 50 ml;
- salt to taste.
Boil the carrots until tender, peel and chop in a blender. Add flour, eggs, salt, mix until smooth. Make small, uniform cutlets and fry until tender. Instead of frying, you can steam or use the oven.
- 2 liters of water;
- starch - 3 tbsp. l . ;
- sugar - 1 glass;
- cherries or berries - 500 g;
- vanilla and cinnamon to taste.
Boil water, add seasonings and keep on fire for 4-5 minutes. Add cherries and sugar. Dissolve the starch in 1 glass of water and gradually add to the saucepan with the rest of the ingredients. Keep on fire for a few minutes, stirring constantly. When thickened, remove from heat and cool.
Exiting the diet
After completing the treatment of prostatitis, the diet should be withdrawn gradually. Nutrition needs to be properly balanced and refrain from a sharp transition to prohibited foods. Experts recommend sticking to the diet in the future and gradually introducing new food, while carefully monitoring the body's response. When compiling a diet, it is necessary to minimize the consumption of a large number of fatty foods or semi-finished products.
To prevent the recurrence of the disease, it is necessary to abandon the excessive consumption of alcoholic beverages and unhealthy and heavy food, fast food and give preference to proper nutrition.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Diet
With strict adherence to dietary nutrition, a positive effect is observed after 3 days. TOadvantagesdiets include:
- a significant reduction in pain;
- prevention of aggravation of the disease;
- lack of hunger;
- normalization of weight.
TOdisadvantagesshould be attributed to the severe addiction to the diet in those people who prefer fried, spicy and smoked, as well as the presence of contraindications to such a diet in some patients.
- Male, 39 years old: "A year ago, doctors diagnosed prostatitis. In addition to drug treatment, dietary food was prescribed. It was hard to get used to the new diet, because I never limited myself in food. However, after the first few days, I noticed an improvement in the condition, and the pain began to disappear. I try not to eat junk and heavy food when I quit the diet, I feel great, the work of the digestive organs and the state of the body as a whole have improved, there have been no relapses of the disease. "
- Man, 54 years old: "I have never limited myself in food. I noticed that after eating fatty and spicy ones, an exacerbation of prostatitis begins. I decided to listen to the opinion of experts and use a diet as a prevention of exacerbations. At first it was unusual, but the menu is quite varied, which allowsnot to feel hungry and find dishes that suit me. After switching to such a diet, the state of health has improved significantly, and exacerbations occur less and less. "
- Woman, 42: "My husband was diagnosed with prostatitis, prescribed drug therapy and a diet. At first, the husband refused to limit himself in food, constantly broke down and ate fried and spicy foods. Then he decided to get rid of the disease, pulled himself together and began to follow a diet. , prescribed by a doctor. The state of health has improved practically in a few days, the problems with the digestive system have gone, the excess weight has decreased. The disease has receded and has not bothered for a long time. "
Diet for prostatitis helps not only to significantly speed up the treatment process, but also to heal the body as a whole, since it provides for the rejection of harmful products. The food is quite varied, which allows you to choose the right dishes and not feel hungry.