Effective treatment of prostatitis in men will be only if the man pays attention to all the recommendations and the treatment is comprehensive. Chronic prostatitis ranks first among the diseases of the reproductive system in men of reproductive age. A common cause of prostatitis is sexually transmitted pathogens. This disease has become "younger" every year and it is no longer surprising to meet a young guy with such a pathology.
Is it possible for men to get rid of chronic prostatitis?
Every man who has prostatitis is tormented by the question of the effectiveness of treatment, since this disease not only brings physical discomfort, but also moral. Very often men with prostatitis are depressed.
When seeking help from a urologist, the doctor tries to prescribe the correct treatment that will suit your body, taking into account all the nuances and the presence of other chronic diseases.
For a comprehensive treatment, it is necessary to include such conservative approaches as:
- Medication treatment.In this case, drugs are prescribed to help get rid of chronic prostatitis.
- Physiotherapy.It includes a set of exercises that a man should do regularly, even after healing.
- Manual therapy,which is considered an integral part of treatment. Contraindicated in bacterial prostatitis.
In order for the treatment of prostatitis to be effective, research must be carried out:
- Visit other specialists and get recommendations and advice. The following are considered obligatory: neuropsychiatrist, endocrinologist and cardiologist.
- Conducting a tomography of the brain to find out that its functions, performance and structure are normal.
- Special attention is paid to hormonal levels, special tests are performed.
- An ultrasound examination of the genitourinary system is performed.
It should also be borne in mind that the disease may be asymptomatic or in remission. If this is observed, then you must immediately seek help from a specialist who knows how to properly treat prostatitis and what drugs you should better prescribe.
The terms of treatment can be from a half moon or more, everything will depend on the stage of the disease at that moment. All drugs prescribed for treatment tend to lower blood pressure in the genitals, and as a result, drugs that have a vasodilating effect are also prescribed.
What therapy to use at home if chronic prostatitis?
If there is an exacerbation of chronic prostatitis, then you must follow all the recommendations prescribed by a specialist. It is imperative to spend more time in bed, to completely eliminate any physical activity, to give up drinking and smoking.
After the exacerbation dies down, a man must decide on a daily routine and work schedule for a long time.
To avoid recurrent exacerbation of chronic prostatitis, you need to regularly adhere to the following recommendations:
- Men should not experience hypothermia. In no case should you sit on a cool surface. Clothing must be worn loose and light so that it does not squeeze the genitals anywhere, be sure to match the season. An excellent way to treat chronic prostatitis is hardening, which should be done daily.
- Do not tolerate the urge to urinate. It is recommended to visit the toilet every 3-4 hours, and this is not only during the treatment.
- When sedentary work, men should have breaks and walking, warm-up every two hours. In the absence of such an opportunity, it is necessary to retract the anus up to sixty times in one approach, and do this exercise up to six times a day.
- Moderate physical activity in men, which helps treat prostatitis, not only using drugs.
It prevents the exacerbation of the disease and congestion in the pelvic organs. For men of any age, morning exercises should be present in the daily routine, as well as regular outdoor activities and daily walking.
- If you have prostatitis, you should stop cycling, equestrian sports and other traumatic activities.
- All men should have regular sex life, which is also prescribed as a treatment. It works better than any medicine. The main thing is to exclude prolonged and interrupted intercourse.
- Avoid blockages. In such a situation, it is necessary to urgently resort to taking laxative medicine.
- Men should have a complete cessation of alcoholic beverages and smoking.
- Treatment should include the complete elimination of stressful situations from life.
- It is imperative to visit a specialist at least twice a year, undergo a clinical examination and TRUS, and take tests.
What drugs will help with chronic prostatitis?
Sexually transmitted bacteria and infections are considered the root cause of this disease. They are able to infect the urethra and penetrate the tissues of the prostate gland.
The following drugs and preventive measures are prescribed for chronic prostatitis:
- Painkillers. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs must be taken.
- Sedatives and antidepressants.
- Recovery of urine output thanks to diuretics.
- Douching is prescribed.
- Physiotherapy treatment.
- Targeted drugs - antibiotics.
- Surgical intervention, indicated in case of narrowing of the urethra and prostate abscesses.
The course of treatment of prostatitis with antibiotics can justify all expectations and last no more than two weeks, after which repeated tests are carried out and, in general, there is a positive trend in men.
They are used because prostatitis is an infectious disease. Antibiotics help only if the doctor has chosen the right drug.
Also, very often for this disease, the following forms of drugs can be offered:
- Candles. They help to anesthetize and disinfect.
They help to quickly penetrate the drug into the body and in the shortest possible time to influence the inflammatory process. Stimulates the immune system.
- Instillation. It is used only with an empty bladder.
- Microclysters. Infusions and decoctions of herbs are used. Be sure to use it with caution, especially if the body is prone to allergic reactions. Before use, be sure to consult a specialist.
- Tablets that have a wide spectrum of action and are prescribed if the causative agent of the disease has been accurately identified. Such drugs can be divided into three groups: tetracycline, penicillin, fluoroquinols.
Any disease, including chronic prostatitis, can be cured, you just need to choose the right treatment and drugs that will have a positive effect on the prostate gland.