The prostate gland is the most vulnerable organ in the male body. Prostate disease meet every third men aged 20 years. The hyperplasia of prostate and adenoma, leading to problems with erection are often the result of chronic prostatitis. That is why you should know the characteristic signs of chronic prostatitis and how to treat it.
Chronic prostatitis — what is it?
Chronic prostatitis is long flowing in the prostate gland inflammatory process. The term combines several forms of the disease, manifested by similar clinical symptoms.
Categories of chronic prostatitis:
- Infectious — triggered by bacteria, fungus or virus;
- Non-communicable (stagnant) — otherwise known as chronic pelvic pain syndrome occurs with signs of inflammation with or without them;
- Asymptomatic — in the absence of clinical manifestations of inflammation detected only by careful examination of the prostate.
In 95% of cases are diagnosed a non-infectious chronic prostatitis. In this plan the development of inflammation out of the stagnant phenomena in the prostate — its secret, or of blood circulation in the veins.
The risk of disease increased with chronic prostatitis in humans:
- leading irregular sexual life, regularly practicing interrupted intercourse to prevent pregnancy of your partner;
- office workers and drivers (sedentary work is provoking the stagnation of blood in the pelvis);
- prefer to wear tight underwear;
- abusing alcohol and Smoking.
Chronic prostatitis: signs
Chronic prostatitis develops gradually, and for many years a cause for concern. Periodically a man can celebrate:
- Discomfort in the area of the perineum;
- Minimal pain intensity with a typical radiating to the sacrum, rectum, genitals;
- Some frequent urination with the occurrence of pain and slight abnormal discharge from the urethral channel, a weak urine stream;
- Soreness of the glans penis after ejaculation (disappears for 30 min.);
- Burning in the urethra, the occurrence of pain during intercourse.
Stress, hypothermia, previous infection, leading to weakening of the immune system, and eating spicy foods/alcohol can cause exacerbation of chronic prostatitis. The intensity of disease increases and resembles acute inflammation.
With the development of the disease and the involvement in the pathological process of the nerves increasing erectile dysfunction, which significantly affects the psychological state of the patient.
However, chronic prostatitis may lead not only to a violation of potency — weak erection, lower sensation during orgasm or complete absence premature ejaculation.
Often the disease leads to the development of cystitis, pyelonephritis, and inflammation of the testicles, aggravating the course of the underlying pathology. In addition, significantly increases the risk of stone formation in the prostate, adenoma, or the appearance of a malignant tumor. In the long chronic prostatitis develops infertility.
The symptoms of chronic prostatitis according to forms and stages
Chronic prostatitis symptoms depend on the form of the disease and the stage of the disease (exacerbation or remission).
Chronic bacterial prostatitis
Signs of chronic prostatitis, caused by pathogenic microflora, occur periodically with varying intensity. During acute inflammation symptoms were most pronounced. Infectious, chronic flowing prostatitis is manifested:
- Common signs of inflammation in the body — fever, weakness, chills, muscle pain (occur during exacerbation);
- syndrome local inflammation — pain in the abdomen, aggravated by sexual intercourse, after defecation and urination, prolonged lack of intimacy;
- Disorders of genitourinary system — intermittent urination, impaired erectile ability;
- The laboratory abnormalities detection in the prostate secretion and urine test bacteria/fungi, signs of inflammation in the blood (leukocytosis, increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and urine (leukocyturia, and protein).
Out of inflammation symptoms of chronic prostatitis erased. Patient complaints indicate more impaired urination, decreased sexual desire and erectile other disorders, causing a pronounced nervousness.
Non-infectious chronic prostatitis: chronic pelvic pain syndrome
The name itself indicates predominant in this type of chronic prostatitis symptom — pain. Due to the low intensity of the pain, chronic prostatitis non-infectious nature often ignored.
Over time the pain increasing slightly, and the clinical picture symptoms of sexual dysfunction caused by the progression of stagnation and decline in muscle tone of the pelvic floor and urinary sphincter.
Often the disease is completely asymptomatic. The diagnosis of chronic prostatitis is the detection of signs of inflammation of the prostate and hyperplasia during diagnostic studies. The urine sample can be periodically recorded leukocyturia.
Methods of treatment of chronic prostatitis
In each case, the treatment of chronic prostatitis requires individual selection of therapeutic schemes. This takes into account the cause of disease (infection, stagnation of secretions or venous blood), duration of flow and the presence of aggravating the pathology.
- Antibiotics — treatment with antibiotics is indicated only in cases of severe inflammation, the identification of the bacterial agent in the urine or prostate secretion. Antibiotic therapy continues for 2-8 weeks. Upon completion of the course the symptoms often remain unchanged, although the infectious factor is completely eliminated.
- Alpha - blockers prescribed for high blood pressure, hypertonicity of bladder muscles. Their application has no effect in violation of the innervation of the muscles and diseases of the pelvic floor.
- Symptomatic treatment chronic prostatitis — for the relief of pain drugs used NSAIDs, often in the tablets, to eliminate anxiety, we recommend taking selective antidepressants. Hormonal therapy — treatment with androgens is conducted in accordance with deviations of hormonal level.
- Adjuvants — are appointed only if proven by laboratory tests in immunodeficiency.
- Means for regulating the level of uric acid — only useful in the detection of stones in the prostate.
- Vitamin therapy is the means of choice in the treatment of chronic prostatitis become available vitamin-mineral complexes. Replacing them with dietary Supplements advertised does not bring healing results, in addition to wasting money.
Surgical treatment of prostatitis
Depending on the pathologic process of chronic prostatitis, apply a transurethral resection of the prostate (often replace open surgery), endoscopic drainage of formed cysts of the prostate, surgical correction of the seminal vesicles in violation of the outflow of secretions.
In advanced sclerosis is prostatectomy. Hyperplasia of prostate effective ablative methods, microwave thermotherapy and laser ablation.
Other treatments of chronic prostatitis
Some doctors actively prescribe to patients with chronic prostatitis various methods of physical effects on the prostate. However, most of them have a number of contraindications and are assigned only in certain cases:
- Prostate massage (available only a small part of the gland) when hyperplastic changes in the body may provoke acute urinary retention and contributes to the spread of the inflammatory process (until the development of sepsis). Also massage can be carried out at the stones and cysts of the prostate, severe venous stasis. Release prostate of stagnant secret of the best way is with a natural ejaculation.
- Exercises for the bladder — specific exercises to lengthen the intervals between urination to 4-5 hours is effective at violation of a muscular tone of the bladder and its sphincter. However, their effectiveness is markedly reduced under special syndrome.
- Instillation — a deep infusion of drugs into the urethra is very painful and fraught with complications.
- Electrical stimulation, ultrasound and phonophoresis, magnetic therapy and other methods of muscle stimulation suitable to use only in case of reduced muscle tone of the pelvic floor. Physiotherapy provide only temporary relief, and lasting effect is achieved by the elimination of the cause of the disease.
- Traditional methods — home recipes (pumpkin seeds with honey, alcohol tincture of aspen bark, and others) are applied only with the approval of the attending doctor and does not replace drug therapy.
Forecast: is it possible to cure chronic prostatitis?
The prognosis of chronic prostatitis depends on the timely treatment of the patient for skilled care. As you can see, the symptoms and treatment of chronic prostatitis in men are closely linked — in the absence of hyperplastic changes in the gland and degeneration, provided a comprehensive treatment, it is possible to achieve lasting improvement.
This is important when you radically rethink your life: avoid provoking congestion factors, to get rid of harmful habits and proper nutrition.