Prostatitis is a male disease that not only causes discomfort in everyday, intimate life, but also brings painful sensations that can manifest itself in varying degrees of severity. In most clinical cases, treatment is carried out by conservative methods, much less often, when transforming into a tumor, surgical intervention can be prescribed. One of the main conditions for the success of therapy is an integrated approach to the patient's recovery. Treatment should be based not only on taking medications, but also on following proper nutrition, including physical exercise in the daily regimen - it is the latter that will be discussed in the presented article.
Features of the prostate gland
The prostate gland is the main organ of the male body that is responsible for reproductive functions. The prostate is located in the genitourinary system, the main task of this organ is to ensure the normal process of secretion of a transparent color, this substance is released when a man is in an excited state.
Why does the prostate activate secretion? This substance ensures the maintenance of the normal functioning of the organs of the reproductive system, acts as a protective barrier, is a natural, natural lubricant, delivers nutrients to the sperm and significantly increases the level of their mobility.
In addition, the prostate gland controls the work of the urinary system. The prostate contains smooth muscles that control the filling and emptying of the bladder.
Experts say that the anatomy of the male body provides for the mandatory functioning of the prostate. Otherwise, serious violations may appear, dangerous pathologies will arise. It is important to ensure the correct functioning of the prostate, special sports exercises will be an excellent help not only during the recovery period, but also as preventive measures.
With prostatitis, an inflammatory process is diagnosed, as a result of which, through the urethral canal, pathogenic microorganisms, infectious agents of a variable nature, representatives of the bacterial flora can enter the internal environment of the body.
How correctly, with inflammation of the prostate gland, a man feels the following symptoms:
- Soreness, of various kinds;
- Discomfort when urinating, pain, cuts, burning sensations may occur;
- Uncharacteristic discharge with urine (mucus impurities, blood streaks);
- The urine changes color, becomes cloudy;
- There is discomfort during intercourse, pain, unpleasant sensations of "stiffness";
- Problems with erection are diagnosed, in advanced cases it is completely absent;
- Disorders of the ejaculation process;
- Hormonal imbalance.
The listed symptoms can greatly disrupt the previously habitual lifestyle. Men feel uncomfortable during intercourse, their "male" functions are noticeably reduced. The imbalance of hormones makes itself felt in the form of external manifestations:
- In a man, the mammary glands may noticeably enlarge;
- The abdomen becomes more rounded;
- Some people notice a lack of sexual desire.
If you do not notice the symptoms in time, then the disease can develop into an advanced stage, which entails the formation of a benign or malignant tumor. Today, there are many methods for early diagnosis of prostatitis, which makes it possible to get rid of the causes of the pathology even before the onset of the main symptoms of the disease.
Competent treatment can prevent relapses and completely restore the functioning of the prostate gland.
Benefits of exercise for prostatitis
In case of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland, high-quality, effective therapy should include a whole range of therapeutic measures aimed at obtaining a quick and lasting result. As a rule, doctors do not do only with medications, but also prescribe physiotherapy procedures, therapeutic massages, nutritional correction, and also advise doing regular exercises, which is beneficial for the prostate.
Gymnastics for the prostate gland is always shown during the rehabilitation period. Exercise is also useful as a prophylaxis, as it helps prevent the development of pathologies of the genitourinary system, keep the prostate in good shape, and preserve its natural functions.
What are the benefits of exercise for prostatitis? The following advantages can be highlighted:
- With regular exercise, the muscle tone of the lower extremities, abs and gluteal zone is noticeably strengthened;
- There is a stimulation of the muscle tissue in the perineal region;
- The blood flow in the small pelvis is normalized;
- It has a beneficial effect on the joints of the hip region;
- The functioning of the nervous system is supported.
Doctors advise to exercise as often as possible, not to skip training days. The effectiveness depends entirely on how often the patient is engaged, how much effort he puts into the process.
However, you should not burden yourself with excessive activities. The exercises performed should not cause painful sensations and discomfort to the patient, only slight tension is possible, which indicates the effectiveness of the training.
In order to start a course of exercises to improve the condition of the prostate gland, it is necessary to clearly understand the physiology of the body, to know exactly where this organ is located. There are two main ways to understand where the prostate is located:
- The prostate gland is felt in the gap between the anus and scrotum. The patient needs to place the finger two centimeters from the anus and carry out a pressing movement; during such manipulations, a round base should be felt, which is the prostate. To make it easier to find the gland, doctors advise using this method during intercourse, since at this moment it contains a lot of secretory fluid and is pronounced.
- The second method is called "rectal". A finger is inserted about 6 centimeters into the anus and the walls of the rectum are probed until a round bulge, which is the prostate gland, is found.
The course of exercises should be prescribed by the attending physician, who determines the patient's condition. Classes are not performed during acute periods when a man suffers from severe pain or severe discomfort in the perineum and anal area.
Classes for chronic prostatitis
Chronic prostatitis is particularly challenging for both physicians and patients. The disease is in an advanced stage, passed into the chronicle. Sometimes it proceeds mainly without pronounced symptoms, during the period of exacerbation, pain, discomfort during intercourse, impaired urination, and uncharacteristic discharge may appear.
A special set of physical exercises will help alleviate the patient's condition, restore the functionality of the prostate gland.
Exercise number 1
The patient needs to take a position "lying" on his back, arms should be extended along the entire body. The patient needs to lean a little on the feet and begin to bend the knees, it is important to do this very carefully, slowly and smoothly. The legs should be pulled towards you and at the same time the knees should be spread to the side. Return to original position. The exercise is repeated 12 to 16 times.
Exercise number 2
A man needs to lie on his back on a hard surface, arms extended straight over the body. Bend your legs in the knee area, bring your feet together. Then you need to spread your knees to the maximum, perform the movement smoothly and slowly. Return the lower limbs to their original position, while trying to strain them to the maximum. As a final action, you need to firmly press your knees together, wait 10 seconds. The exercise is repeated 14-20 times.
Exercise number 3
The patient needs to lie on his stomach and stretch his arms along the entire body. The right leg bends at the knee, rises upward in slow motion, and also slowly drops downward. You should not raise your leg as high as possible, you need to monitor the quality of execution. Repeat the exercise 10 times on each leg.
Exercise number 4
The patient needs to stand up and spread his legs shoulder-width apart. Slow squats are performed (not completely), while the arms are extended forward. When the patient returns to the starting position, the legs are not extended. The most important thing is to do squats with a small amplitude. It must be repeated 6-8 times.
Exercise for congestive prostatitis
With congestive prostatitis, the doctor prescribes a specialized set of exercises.
Exercise number 1
This exercise is called "glute walking" and must be done on the floor while sitting. The hips are raised in turn, the movement is performed in such a way that the performer moves forward. Particular attention should be paid to the technique of execution - it must be competent and smooth, there is no need to rush.
Exercise number 2
You will need a ball to complete this exercise. The lesson can be performed in two positions (lying, standing). The bottom line is that the ball is squeezed between the thighs and held for as long as possible. This exercise has a beneficial effect on the condition of the prostate gland, significantly improving blood circulation to this organ.
Exercise number 3
The essence of the exercise lies in the fact that you need to tighten the lower limbs by weight. The patient should sit on the floor, slightly tilt the body to the back. Legs are extended straight, hands should be on the floor with strong support. You need to raise your feet 20 cm up, pull your legs to your chest, bending them at the knees. The exercise is recommended to be repeated 20-25 times.
Exercise number 4
You should lie on your back, stretch your legs forward. The man should begin to smoothly spread and bring the limbs of the feet. It is important to start with smooth movements and move to an accelerated pace. The exercise should be done for a minute.
Exercise number 5
This exercise is called jumping. When doing it, it is necessary to pull up the kneecaps to the maximum. During the jump, the knees should be located on the damage of the chest. About 15 jumps are performed in one approach, 3 approaches are recommended.
Unfortunately, only a small proportion of patients pay sufficient attention to the prevention of prostatitis. An important role is played by high-quality rehabilitation after an acute period.
Doctors recommend including a course of physiotherapy in treatment, trying to get rid of bad habits, prefer proper nutrition and engage in effective exercise.
The most effective exercises for the prevention of prostatitis are:
- Exercise is useful not only for the prostate gland, but also for the normalization of the functioning of the rectum. The patient should stand on the kneecaps, take the feet to the back, and spread the heels. It is necessary to try to keep the knees in a reduced position for as long as possible, move to a sitting position on the feet, put your palms on the knee area. In this position, the man needs to squeeze the anal sphincter muscles for 10 seconds, then relax them. Perform 20-30 repetitions.
- The condition for the next session is an empty stomach. A man needs to take a "standing" position, bend forward 45 degrees, put his palms with an emphasis on his knees. With a deep breath, draw in the abdominal muscles. It is recommended to hold in this position until a feeling of slight discomfort arises. Finally, exhale slowly and relax the muscles.
- The patient comes close to the wall, the right leg is bent at the knee, the foot should rest against the wall. Then you need to start slow bending of the left leg, at this time the squat is performed. This exercise is an effective stretching of the inner thigh muscles, which has a beneficial effect on the activity of the prostate gland. It is recommended to repeat it 10 times.
- The patient is lying on the floor, trying to raise the knees up, while the lower limbs are parallel to the floor. Then the man performs the well-known exercise "bicycle", with the feet pointing up. It is recommended to repeat the exercise 15 times.
Recommendations of doctors
In order for the exercise courses to be of maximum benefit, you must follow the recommendations of your doctor. It is important to pay due attention to the technique of execution, as well as to comply with all conditions. During the appointment of classes, the patient should not experience a pronounced pain syndrome, the state of health should be satisfactory.
Helpful advice from competent professionals:
- If you started doing one exercise, then you need to finish it to the end. It is not recommended to abruptly interrupt the lesson, move on to others. The imposed load must necessarily be uniform in order to have a beneficial effect on the blood circulation process.
- How to understand that the exercise is performed correctly and achieve the desired effect? Doctors say that with proper performance at the end of classes, there is a feeling of warmth in the pelvic area.
- When performing absolutely any exercise for prostatitis, an additional advantage will be the frequent squeezing / unclenching of the anus muscles - such an addition will help to quickly eliminate congestion, improve the condition of the prostate gland.
- Before starting exercise therapy for the prostate, it is advised to take time to warm up, which will help warm up the body and muscles before an effective workout.
It is worth noting that not everyone is shown therapeutic exercises for prostate diseases. Doctors say that the prostate gland is a vital, but extremely vulnerable organ.
That is why there are contraindications to exercise:
- The period after the surgery (up to 6 months);
- Acute period of existing pathologies of internal organs;
- The presence of fever and fever, low-grade fever (up to 38. 5 degrees);
- Postponed stroke, heart attack;
- The presence of viral, infectious diseases;
- Diagnosis of aortic aneurysm;
- The presence of an inguinal hernia;
- Abdominal hernia;
- Intervertebral hernia;
- High blood pressure;
- Exacerbated prostatitis.
Doctors urge patients not to ignore the existing contraindications. Otherwise, undesirable consequences may develop, sometimes life-threatening for the patient. All exercises should be carefully performed, paying attention to the state of your body.
- The first review: "Prostatitis gave me a lot of problems, which grew into complexes. After drug treatment, I was prescribed a course of physiotherapy and physiotherapy exercises. At first, I performed all classes under the supervision of a doctor who corrected my technique. Now I have been practicing at home for two months andI feel positive results. It became much easier for me, pains disappeared, congestions were eliminated. "
- Second review: "Despite my young age, I was confronted with a diagnosis of prostatitis. Fortunately, timely access to a doctor and modern diagnostic methods have prevented the development of chronic prostatitis, the exercises that I did every day became a huge help. the selected course of studies will allow not only to alleviate the condition, but also to restore the normal functioning of the prostate gland. "
- Third review: "Prostatitis has completely disturbed the hormonal balance and intimate life. The doctor advised me to start practicing according to the scheme, which he described in detail for me. Three months later I had the same erection, I got rid of congestion, the pain disappeared. I still do exercises inas prevention. "