The necessity of antibiotic therapy for acute bacterial prostatitis with severe symptoms is not in doubt.
But is it advisable to take antibiotics for chronic and nonspecific inflammation of the prostate gland? And is there a difference between groups of antibacterial drugs in the treatment of prostatitis?
In this article we will talk about how to treat prostatitis in men with antibiotics and what are the contraindications to receive. And below You will find a list of antibiotics for prostatitis.
Antibiotics for prostatitis in men: is it always necessary to take them?
The goal of treatment of prostatitis – restoration of normal function of the prostate and urethra with the obligatory elimination of the pathogen. For the elimination of the pathogen and provides treatment with antibiotics for prostatitis in men.
Antibiotics are absolutely indicated for acute bacterial and chronic infectious prostatitis, and also as a test treatment for inflammation of the prostate gland.
As long-term treatment of prostatitis with antibiotics has a negative impact on the immune system, the digestive system, liver and kidneys, the treatment should not exceed 2 weeks.
Advantages of treatment with antibiotics of prostatitis in men is obvious:
- they inhibit the growth of pathogenic microorganisms in the prostate, urethra;
- prevent the development of complications on the background of the disease(infertility, urethritis, epididymitis);
- in chronic prostatitis prevents the development of relapse, after the second period often fraught with complications.
However, if You decide to start treatment of prostatitis antibiotics in the home, remember that antibacterial drugs may be prescribed after laboratory diagnosis of disease, studies of the flora and identification of the pathogen.
With non-specific prostatitis (an inflammatory process of unknown etiology) the antibiotic therapy is not only ineffective but also increases the risk of development of dysbacteriosis, and can exacerbate the disease, provoking the development of fungal lesions of the prostate.
Also important is the choice antibiotic for the treatment of prostatitis in men the most active in relation to established pathogen.
Important: the Choice of effective antibiotics for prostatitis "blind" without first identifying the pathogen can only harm the body.
Many antibiotics penetrate poorly into the prostate, their concentration is insufficient for exposure to the bacteria, as a result, the latter develop resistance to this drug.
In acute forms of prostatitis, accompanied with distinct symptoms: intoxication, fever, perineal pain, inability and pain of urination, the necessary treatment of prostatitis with antibiotics and intravenous administration to achieve high concentrations of the drug.
In recent years, dramatically increased the resistance of bacteria to certain drugs, so before you start treatment with antibiotics for prostatitis in men, the patient should be examined for the whole group of STIs, and pathogenic flora with the definition of resistance of certain microorganisms to certain drugs.
What antibiotic to treat prostatitis? There are the following groups of antibacterial drugs (best antibiotics for prostatitis):
- Penicillins. In the past, actively used such antibiotics for inflammation of the prostate, with the advent of the most active antimicrobial drugs has almost lost its clinical significance, due to the increased amount of negative bacteria are resistant to penicillins.
- Tetracyclines. Have activity against Neisseria gonorrhoeae, chlamydia, Mycoplasma. Often used in the treatment of chronic infectious prostatitis, caused by the above pathogens.
- Macrolides. Have these antibiotics for prostatitis broad spectrum of activity and low toxicity.
- Cephalosporins. Widely used in the treatment of acute forms of bacterial prostatitis. It is a good antibiotic for prostatitis, they have a broad spectrum of action and high activity against pathogenic bacteria.
- Fluoroquinolones. Often used for complex treatment of chronic inflammation of the prostate, and acute uncomplicated inflammation of the prostate (efficiency up to 100%). Possess high activity and low toxicity (do not violate the intestinal microflora).
Antibiotics of prostatitis in men — the names, the scheme of treatment of prostatitis with antibiotics and spectrum of action:
Intramuscular injection is strictly a medical officer in the outpatient clinic once a day.
To put the injections yourself at home is prohibited.
Recommendations for antibiotic therapy
With antibiotic treatment of prostatitis in men it is necessary to consider their effect on spermatogenesis, so it is prohibited to plan conception for 4 months after treatment.
Recommendations for the reception and treatment of prostatitis in men medication with antibiotics:
- The purpose of the drug is strictly the physician and only after the results of laboratory diagnosis.
- Possible with chronic prostatitis it is more expedient to take fluoroquinolones, which have broad spectrum, high activity and low toxicity. They do not change the intestinal microflora, and have immunomodulatory effects.
- The duration of treatment is determined by a physician and strictly enforced.
- While taking medicines need to refrain from fatty, overly salty, spicy and sweet food, to ease the strain on the liver. If necessary, may be appointed to take antihistamines.
- After antibiotic therapy is recommended to take pills to normalize intestinal microflora from 3 to 4 weeks.
In the treatment of chronic and acute inflammation of the prostate antibiotics are only part of complex therapy, which involves: taking anti-inflammatory and analgesic drugs, physiotherapy, prostate massage, herbal medicine. Effectively Spa treatment of patients with chronic prostatitis.
What is the most effective antibiotic for prostatitis? They all have different effects on the body and individual sensitivity, so better to choose the impossible.
Complex of antibiotics for prostatitis is assigned only to the attending physician in the diagnosis and identified by the diagnostic agent of the disease.
As it can aggravate the disease.
The appointment of antibacterial drugs is restricted to individuals having a hypersensitivity to the active substance.
This applies to men who have kidney and liver failure, severe.
Such patients need to treat prostatitis without antibiotics. In diseases of the digestive tract antibiotic therapy is conducted under the supervision of a physician.
If bacterial prostatitis in the acute stage, treatment with antibiotics is necessary and has no alternative therapeutic methods. As for natural antibiotics for prostatitis, herbal medicine can be indicated for chronic prostatitis as a secondary treatment.
Now You know what antibiotics for prostatitis take. Remember, if the causative agent of prostatitis are bacteria, the only effective method of treatment is antibiotic therapy.
However, to achieve complete Wellness effect, it is necessary comprehensive treatment, including anti-inflammatory drugs, prostate massage, physiotherapy, reflexology.
Antibiotics in the treatment of prostatitis relate to medical treatment and they were appointed in certain cases.
It is often correctly selected antibiotic therapy in the early stages of development of prostatitis allows you to avoid the most undesirable consequences in the future.
In some cases, for treatment of prostatitis antibiotics are essential
Prostatitis in men is developing mainly under the influence of two main reasons. This penetration into the tissue of the body a variety of bacteria and poor circulation in the pelvis.
Antibiotics for prostatitis is especially effective if it is proved the bacterial nature of the disease.
Without antibacterial therapy, it is impossible to cope with an inflammatory response that causes the symptoms of acute prostatitis.
A course of antibiotics in each case selected individually. A doctor is the General scheme of treatment.
In acute bacterial prostatitis the rejection of the use of antibiotics leads to very undesirable consequences and the most important of them is the prostate cancer and gradually developing impotence.
Also, if you do not destroy the bacterial flora, it can adversely affect other organs, primarily the bladder and kidneys. That is untreated prostatitis can also be the cause of cystitis, pyelonephritis, and eventually kidney stones.
Antibiotics in the treatment of prostatitis is necessary and in chronic inflammatory process.
Sickly man did not immediately go to the doctor. Many patients try to treated folk remedies and the acute phase of the disease independently attenuated, but this does not lead to complete elimination of infection.
So, to cope with bacteria, antibacterial therapy should be obtained and in chronic prostatitis.
Often, repeated treatment with antibiotics is prescribed to prevent the aggravation of the disease.
What are the necessary research before prescribing antibiotics
Modern antibiotics for the most part have a broad spectrum of action, meaning they can destroy several types both in the human body bacteria.
But in order to successfully cure prostatitis need to know what the agents had an impact on inflammation in the prostate tissue and whether they are sensitive to a particular group of drugs.
Acute prostatitis may be caused by pathogens of sexually transmitted diseases, i.e., chlamydia, gonorrhea, and various streptococci and even Escherichia coli.
Each species of these bacteria in a certain way reacts to components of antibiotics and doctor's task is to find the optimal medication that will help to quickly destroy the pathogen and will have no negative effect on prostate cells.
Therefore, before antibiotic treatment regimens the patient may need to take more tests.
- To determine the causative agent of the disease requires the secret of the prostate and a urinalysis;
- The degree of inflammation is determined by blood tests;
- Sensitivity to antibiotics indicates a bacteriological culture.
On the basis of the tests a doctor selects the most effective drug. Depending on the stage of the inflammatory process and well-being of the patient the antibiotic can be, as in tablets and injections.
Doctor evaluated and the ability of the components of the drug to penetrate the prostate tissue.
First select the drug which quickly enters the body and is retained therein in the desired concentration. This treatment provides rapid elimination of inflammation and discomfort.
Injectable medications are usually stronger.
Antibiotics for prostatitis in that case, if the patient addressed to the urologist in the acute stage of inflammation, are assigned almost immediately. That is, the doctor will not wait for data analyses.
Therefore, in the first days of the selected drug with a broad spectrum of activity, the scheme of selection is very similar in the selection of antibiotics against cystitis.
Preference is given to: