Prostatitis is one of the most common urological diseases for men after the age of 30. Every representative of the stronger sex knows what prostatitis, and one hopes that unpleasant disease will pass it by.
Prostatitis — inflammation of the prostate gland, which is treated not only with medication, but some of the folk remedies tested by time. In turn, the prostate or the prostate is a glandular-muscular organ in men, located in the area of the bladder and controls urination and also emits a special secret, which gives the sperm a liquid consistency.
Depending on the origin, the illness can be bacterial or nonbacterial, according to the nature of the flow — acute or chronic. Acute prostatitis is usually caused by gram-negative bacteria, easily recognized and treated with antibiotics.
The symptoms of prostatitis include pain, difficulty and painful urination, sexual disorders. The symptoms are very unpleasant, therefore, to treat prostatitis need for the early detection of signs.
The main cause of prostatitis is infection in the gland, which contributes greatly to the location of the prostate in the pelvis.
The main ways of penetration of infection into the prostate:
- descending infection gets into the prostate gland with urine.
- ascending infection gets into the prostate gland through the urethra.
- hematogenous infection gets into the prostate gland through the blood.
- lymphogenous infection gets into the prostate gland with the lymph flow.
The main causes and risk factors of prostatitis in men:
- sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise (blood stagnation in the prostate gland).
- violations of the normal rhythm of sexual activity — irregular sex for a long period of abstinence.
- hypothermia in a child, adolescent or adult ages (especially the corresponding part of the body).
- of sexually transmitted diseases (chlamydia, trichomoniasis, gardnerellosis or gonorrhea).
- another reason can be trauma to the tissues and organs of the pelvis.
- reduced immunity in boys, youths and men.
- unbalanced diet (fried, fatty, sugary food is 70% of the diet). Excessive consumption of alcohol.
All of these condition can contribute to the penetration of microbes in the prostate gland and lead to congestive processes, deterioration of blood supply of organs of small pelvis, which in turn leads to an increase in the number of microorganisms and the progression of inflammation. In this regard, it is necessary to cure the prostatitis in time, then complications won't bother you.
Symptoms of prostatitis in men
Frequent urination with a weak pressure of urine and pain during the process, the rise in body temperature, burning sensation in the perineum, painful defecation is the first signs of acute prostatitis in men. You should also pay attention to the following clinical symptoms:
- intermittent and difficult urination;
- violation of mechanism of erection;
- the appearance of a burning sensation in the urethra and perineum;
- more frequent imperative urges to the excrement;
- stretching discharge from the urethra;
- floating fibers in the urine;
- prolonged erection, rapid ejaculation;
- orgasms were obliterated;
- the increase in General fatigue of the body;
- anxiety, mental depression;
- a significant reduction in potency.
It should be noted that in chronic prostatitis the symptoms may not be manifest, and adds additional features.
The symptoms of prostatitis
In most cases, acute prostatitis begins with symptoms of rise of body temperature to 39-40° C fever and chills. Urination is difficult and painful. Edema of the prostate, which can cause acute urinary retention. In addition, bright enough and are pain in the perineum, which is given in the inguinal region.
As for chronic prostatitis, on rare occasions it becomes the outcome of acute process, however, usually develops primary chronic prostatitis with the erased symptoms. From acute to chronic is characterized in that it proceeds without pronounced symptoms, that is latent, with no visible symptoms.
In acute prostatitis patients concerned about the symptoms of feeling pressure in the perineum and anus, dull pain, radiating to the sacrum, perineum, rectum, groin.
Signs of chronic prostatitis in men:
- a significant deterioration of erection;
- decreased libido;
- a weakening of the jet during urination;
- aching pain in the perineum, sacrum, the rectum;
- discomfort and burning in the urethra;
Sometimes patients ignore the symptoms of prostatitis, relying on the presence of benign prostatic hyperplasia. It is in any case not be allowed, since treatment of the adenoma is fundamentally different from how to treat prostatitis.
What happens if not treated prostatitis with antibiotics and other means? You can complications:
- reduced potency;
- severe pain in the perineum;
- depression, etc.
To warn of the consequences of prostatitis, you need to give your health more attention to timely examinations and treatment at the doctor-urologist.
Treatment of prostatitis
In severe intoxication is suspected purulent process shown hospitalization. Patients with uncomplicated acute prostatitis are treated by a urologist or andrologist on an outpatient basis.
To cure prostatitis, you need to stick the whole complex of the special events that consistently follow each other. Than to treat prostatitis, medications that are prescribed primarily antibiotics, especially if we are talking about the infectious origin of the disease.
Drug treatment consists of such medicines:
- antibacterial drugs — the treatment is to destroy the infection;
- anti-inflammatory drugs are used to relieve inflammation that is characteristic of this disease;
- drugs that improve circulation;
- drugs, relieving spasm of the urethra;
As an additional measure very often prescribed prostate massage. It promotes rapid healing and reduction of pain. According to reviews, this is a very useful procedure. The intervention of surgeons recommended if the urethra is narrowed and required removal of the prostate.
How to treat prostatitis comprehensively? For this purpose, all possible methods are prescribed:
- diet, lifestyle changes;
- prostate massage and exercise therapy;
- symptomatic treatment;
- folk remedies for prostatitis
- treatment of concomitant pathology;
Also do not forget that the treatment of prostatitis folk remedies gives good results only in combination with basic therapy. Therefore, it is recommended not to self-medicate at home.
Treatment with antibiotics
Antibiotics are necessary for acute and chronic bacterial prostatitis, occurring even without obvious symptoms, and as a trial therapy for non-infectious nature of occurrence of a prostatitis, as a test therapy. So before you start therapy, you must pass the examination and set the type of the pathogen.
Drug treatment of prostatitis involves the use of different antibiotics with a broad spectrum of action:
It is worth remembering that the scheme of treatment is prescribed strictly professional, where antibiotic use is one of the leading links in the chain.
How to treat prostatitis at home
Treatment of prostatitis in house conditions it is advisable in the chronic form. The treatment of folk remedies can help to increase the overall resistance of the organism and relieve pain.
- Take 2-3 g of dried, powdered tubers of orchids, soak a small amount of water, then pour 500 ml of boiling water and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat. Then insist 30 minutes, strain and take three times a day half a Cup.
- A decoction of marshmallow root 40 grams pour 200 ml of water and simmer for half an hour, take 60 ounces with food 3 times a day.
- Well helps extract of propolis. It is obtained by evaporation of 40 grams of propolis at 0,2 l 96% alcohol. Fabricate from 0.1 gram of extract and 2 grams of cocoa butter candles and insert them rectally once a day. Course duration 2-3 months with breaks in a month.
- A decoction of celery – 20 gram pour 200 ml of water and simmer for 12 minutes, drink 100 ml 3 to 4 times a day.
- As auxiliary elements of folk medicine advises to use the seeds of certain plants. The most useful are pumpkin seeds as enrich your body with linoleic acid and zinc. If you decided to do away with prostatitis, eat poppy seeds, sesame and sunflower.
In addition, treatment of folk remedies involves complete abstinence from alcohol.
Candles with propolis from prostatitis
For treatment of prostatitis in the early stages you can use special candles with propolis that can be done at home by yourself.
To do this, take 50 g of crushed propolis pour 50 mg 96% ethanol. To insist in a secluded place for 2 weeks, remembering to shake every day. Upon expiration of the infusion of propolis evaporated on a water bath until the acquisition of the brownish-yellow color and softening to the consistency of honey.
In parallel in a water bath melt 20 grams of cocoa butter and mixed with 1 g of the resulting propolis. From the resulting mass make 10 rectal suppositories and sent to storage in the refrigerator. One candle is administered rectally at night daily. The duration of 30-35 days. Recommended to have 3-4 courses with an interval of 30-60 days.