As a rule, problems with erection and libido occur in adulthood (usually age 40-50 years). This contributes to a number of factors, including the male menopause. Mature men often wondering what tablets to increase potency in men over 40 most effective?
Of course, the most quick are drugs from the group inhibitors PDE-5. They help to restore the natural mechanism of the onset of an erection. But these drugs have a significant disadvantage – short-term effect.
Alternatively, there may be herbal adaptogens, naturopathic remedies and dietary supplements. Also a good therapeutic effect have a homeopathic medicines.
Causes of erectile dysfunction
Why there is a decrease in potency after 40 years? Usually the reason is simple – the male menopause. During this period, reduced the level of free and total testosterone in the blood, thereby developing erectile dysfunction.
Among the causes of impotence in men 40 years of age can distinguish unhealthy lifestyle. Alcoholism, Smoking and use of narcotic substances leads to infringement of hormonal balance, blood circulation in the pelvis and of the prostate gland. As a result, there is a reduction of potency and libido.
Possible causes of erectile dysfunction include:
- Chronic diseases of the genitourinary system. Violation of potency and libido observed in patients suffering from benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostate cancer and prostatitis.
- Psychological disorders. Often reduced potency in men of 40 years due to an unstable psychological state. The patient may himself consider himself impotent, with the result that he develops a syndrome of expectations of failure. In this case, it requires qualified psychological assistance.
- The lack of exercise. A sedentary lifestyle leads to infringement of outflow of blood from the pelvis and decrease the level of testosterone in the blood. Still fraught with lack of exercise obesity. Together all these factors can cause erectile dysfunction. But there is a flip side of the coin – impotence may occur due to a too intense physical exertion.
- Diabetes mellitus 1 or type 2. If hyperglycemia is the cause of impotence, the main goal of treatment is to achieve stable compensation of diabetes.
- Long-term use of hypoglycemic drugs, tranquilizers, sedative drugs. Even a decrease in libido and erectile dysfunction may be caused by the use of inhibitors of 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor and antiandrogen.
- Neurological disorders.
- Injuries to the groin or penis.
- Anatomical deformity of the penis.
- Hormonal disturbances. Need to monitor the levels of free testosterone, total testosterone, FSH and DHT. If there are deviations from the norm, one must undergo the appropriate therapy.
- Diseases, sexually transmitted. A characteristic feature of chlamydia, candidiasis, syphilis and other STDs is erectile dysfunction.
- Atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease and other disorders in the cardiovascular system.
Before starting treatment, it is necessary to refer to specialists (urologist, sexologist, endocrinologist). Why is it necessary?
It is necessary for the reason that the physician must identify the root cause of erectile dysfunction, and assign appropriate therapy based on the results of the survey.
Troubleshoot problems with potency, 40 years can be done by using drugs from the group inhibitors PDE-5. How do they operate? To understand the principle of action of drugs, we must remember that a prerequisite for the onset of erection is a relaxation of the structure of the penis.
Make this happen, and should happen, the local release of nitric oxide and accumulation of cGMP in the cavernous body. Drugs enhance the effects of nitric oxide and inhibit PDE-5 (this is the enzyme responsible for the breakdown of cGMP). Thus, medicines, promote the natural offensive potency.
By the way, the medicines help to improve virility only if there is sexual stimulation. Any effects on hormones or libido of the above pills do not have.
Homeopathy and naturopathic remedies
How to improve the potency of men after 40, and thus to obtain a long-lasting effect? For these purposes it is better to use homeopathic medicines. Unfortunately, most of the funds in this segment are a placebo.
Many patients wonder how to increase potency in men in a natural way after 40 years? To do this without the use of drugs is virtually impossible. To use traditional methods impractical. The efficacy of decoctions and infusions are very individual – not every man they will help to cure unpleasant effects in the form of flaccid erection and low libido.
If you have health problems, it is best to use dietary supplements plant-based. The speed they are slightly inferior to inhibitors PDE-5, however, Supplements allow you to save the effect of medical therapy for 6-12 months. Moreover, many tools allow you to strengthen men's health, including to improve prostate function and to stabilize hormones.