The diagnosis of prostatitis ranks first in modern medicine among urological diseases of the male population. This is due to infections and the patient's lifestyle. Treating disease, especially chronic disease, is challenging.
Doctors and patients are looking for the best means to help achieve remission of the disease and relieve a man of symptoms that can significantly worsen his quality of life.
The idea that there is an ideal cure for prostatitis that will help cope with the problem is wrong. Treatment of prostatitis is a set of measures and procedures, as well as a list of medications prescribed by a doctor, whose action is aimed at combating inflammation of the prostate gland and its consequences.
What is treated at home and in hospital
Prostatitis is treated by prescribing complex therapy, each drug in which has its own function. The list consists of antimicrobial, analgesic and spasm relieving drugs.
In some cases, the doctor will prescribe medication for prostatitis in the form of alpha blockers and muscle relaxants. Immunostimulants in the form of rectal suppositories help the body mobilize to fight off the infection that caused the inflammation. There are a lot of drugs that can be used to treat prostatitis.
It is easy to get confused in their variety on your own, it is better to entrust their choice to a specialist. He will help you find a fast and effective medicine for prostatitis.
Peculiarities of treatment depending on the stage and form of the disease
Prostatitis is a disease that develops gradually. At first, a man's organ swells; over time, it can even change shape and significantly increase in size. Inflammation of the prostate gland can be caused by a bacterial infection, or it can have non-bacterial causes.
The disease can be acute or chronic. With an inactive lifestyle, metabolic processes in the pelvic organs slow down, clogging of the prostate tissue with dead cells occurs, which cause an inflammatory process in it.
Acute inflammation of the prostate gland is very painful and dangerously arising complications, so it is often treated in a hospital setting in medical institutions. Analgesics and antispasmodics are used to relieve pain.
Suppositories and microclysters from herbal decoctions help to cope with inflammation. The patient is prescribed physiotherapy procedures that promote blood flow and reduce the size of the tumor. What kind of medicine for prostatitis should be taken by the patient, the attending physician will prescribe after studying the medical history.
Forms of drugs used for prostatitis, which are prescribed by a doctor:
- Medicines in the form of tablets are most often broad-spectrum antibiotics, which are antibacterial agents of the tetracycline series. Often in the prescription for prostatitis you can find drugs of the fluoroquinolone group.
- Injections, which are given intramuscularly, are designed to stimulate the activity of the prostate gland, strengthen the patient's blood vessels and strengthen the general immunity.
- Suppositories are prescribed by a doctor to improve the metabolism in the patient's body, relieve inflammation and increase immunity. They are inserted into the anus as deep as possible. After using them, doctors recommend lying down for half an hour.
- Installation is the injection of a drug directly into the desired place, this procedure is performed by a doctor through the external opening of the urethra. Before performing it, you must empty the bladder.
- Enemas from herbal decoctions, which are injected into the rectum hot, are widely used in medicine for prostate adenoma. This enhances their effect. For the procedure, it is enough to take half a glass of the prepared broth.
Prostate medicine of various pharmacological groups for men
Prostatitis in the modern world affects not only the elderly, but also men of reproductive age. If you find symptoms of the disease, you should immediately consult a doctor.An effective medicine for the prostate can only be prescribed by an experienced doctor, having studied the clinical picture and referring the patient to the necessary tests.The sooner adequate therapy is prescribed, the more chances to avoid complications of the disease, which manifest themselves in the form of inflammatory processesin the genitourinary organs.
Left unattended prostatitis can lead to kidney infections, impotence, infertility, and prostate cancer.
Pharmacological groups of drugs for the prostate used to treat patients are as follows:
- Antibiotics are prescribed to treat prostatitis with a bacterial infection. They are effective in acute and chronic forms of the disease. Antimicrobial drugs are used after passing tests on the individual sensitivity of pathogens. If no specific infections are found, treatment is prescribed on the basis of seeding of the prostatic secretion. The duration of the course of therapy is usually several months. If there is no improvement in the first 2 weeks of treatment, a replacement prostate medication should be considered.
- Analgesics for prostatitis can be used in various forms. They can be taken as tablets, rectal suppositories, and injections. They help relieve pain that can be very annoying to the patient. You should not prescribe yourself a pain reliever on your own, as you need to calculate its exact dose. This type of drug has a number of side effects that should be considered during treatment.
- Antispasmodics are used in the treatment of prostatitis to relieve the spasm of an enlarged and inflamed prostate gland that is compressing the urethra. This allows you to get rid of pain, and, moreover, the effect of taking these funds lasts longer than with anesthesia with analgesics.
- Alpha-blockers are prescribed by a doctor for prostatitis, if it is necessary to improve dynamics, restore urine outflow and reduce the consequences of prostatic hyperplasia. Medicines in this group are selective and non-selective. The use of selective alpha blockers is preferred. They can only be taken as directed by a doctor, as it is very important to determine the correct dosage of prostate medicine.
- Muscle relaxants are used to relieve pain by relaxing the muscles in the urethra. The drugs help to normalize the process of urination.
Phytopreparations for the treatment of prostatitis are a good prevention of complications, the most formidable of which is prostate cancer. Basically, these are infusions and decoctions of herbs that you can prepare yourself by purchasing the necessary ingredients at the pharmacy. There are also ready-made phytopreparations in the form of capsules or solution.
Immunomodulators in modern medical practice
In case of prostatitis, immunomodulators in the form of rectal suppositories are successfully used in the complex treatment of the disease. They affect the protective capacity of cells and help to eliminate imbalances in the immune system.
Drugs are prescribed in the event that the infectious nature of the disease is confirmed, and the course of antibiotic therapy has not yielded results in the treatment of the inflammatory process. Immunomodulators are prescribed so that the body can cope with the disease itself, using the mechanisms inherent in nature.
How to choose a good prostatitis medicine
Research has proven that there are good prostatitis medications that can help you postpone or cancel surgery.
This is especially true if the disease is detected late and there are serious difficulties with urination.
In case of serious disorders, if the volume of residual urine exceeds 100 ml or there are kidney stones, the doctor makes a decision about the need for surgery. You can choose a good cure for prostatitis by clearly understanding how this or that medication works on the patient's body, having studied the history of his illness.
Every patient wants to choose a good medicine for prostatitis from a wide range in the pharmacological network. The difficulty lies in the fact that several drugs are used for treatment at once, the action of which should help to cure the patient.
On special forums, doctors and patients share their experience of dealing with the disease, thereby helping men find a good cure for prostatitis. Therapy for this disease can be long-term, so you should be responsible for taking medications and follow the doctor's prescriptions.