An inflammation of the prostate gland is called prostatitis in medicine. The cause is often a violation of blood microcirculation in the pelvic area. The development of such a disease with an infectious process in the tissues of the prostate is not excluded. The disease not only worsens a man's quality of life, but also leads to serious complications in the reproductive system. Chronitization of pathology is also an unpleasant consequence. Treatment for prostatitis at home with natural remedies is a treatment option for men.
What is prostatitis
Disease is inflammation of the prostate gland as a result of negative external or internal factors. The bacterial form of prostatitis is more common. It is provoked by pathogenic bacteria, which from the rectum, bladder and urethra enter the prostate gland. The disease by the nature of the course is acute and chronic. The latter form has less pronounced symptoms.
A sedentary lifestyle that causes congestion in the pelvic area is also considered a possible cause of prostatitis.
Regardless of the etiology of the disease, it is characterized by the following symptoms:
- fatigue, depression, lethargy;
- increased urge to urinate at night;
- accelerated ejaculation;
- discomfort and pain in the scrotum, groin, lower abdomen and lower back;
- burning sensation in the perineum;
- the appearance in the urine of floating clots - "strings", and sometimes - blood or pus;
- sensation of incomplete emptying of the bladder.
If you find signs of prostate disease, you should contact a urologist. Self-medication in this case is unacceptable. Adequate therapy will be only after the diagnosis carried out by the doctor.
Treatment of various forms of prostatitis has its own schemes and methods:
- Bacterial. In the fight against this form, antibacterial drugs from the group of penicillins, macrolides and fluoroquinolones are used. To relieve inflammation, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs are used. Alpha-blockers help to reduce the tone of the bladder, and sedatives to improve the psychological state.
- Stagnant. Treatable with pumpkin seeds, parsley and black elderberry.
- Chronic. It is important here to avoid exacerbating factors, such as hypothermia, constipation, untimely emptying of the bladder. Medicines are used the same as in the acute form: antibiotics, NSAIDs, antidepressants.
These are classic treatment regimens for various forms of prostatitis. Regardless of the nature of the course of the disease, doctors use several traditional methods of dealing with impotence.
The list of such methods includes:
- Diet. It aims to unload the intestines. To do this, you must give up junk food. Instead, the diet includes a large amount of vegetables, fruits, herbs, cereals and lean meats and fish.
- Massage. It is carried out through the urethra or anus. The goal is to increase blood flow to the prostate.
- Surgery. This method of treatment is considered radical, therefore it is carried out for serious indications.
- Gymnastics. It is aimed at eliminating congestion in the pelvic area. Squats and walking in place are considered effective, but there are other effective exercises. Against this background, you need to give up smoking and alcohol.
The peculiarity of home treatment is that it will only be effective at an early stage. Forms of the disease with complications or frequent relapses require a more serious approach with medication. An effective home treatment for prostatitis is based on herbal medicine, proper nutrition, exercise and healthy prostate massage.
Certain methods are chosen depending on the form of pathology:
- Judging by the reviews, it is possible to eliminate the symptoms of acute prostatitis faster. This form of the disease has a duration of 1-2 months. Treatment can last up to six months. Sitting baths help improve blood circulation. Juice therapy will be effective against the acute form. The patient is advised to take juice of beetroot (settled), cucumbers, carrots and asparagus. Herbal teas with calendula, horsetail, yarrow, nettle and other medicinal herbs will also be useful. If the disease is caused by bacteria, the patient cannot avoid taking antibiotics. Alternative methods are used against the background of the main treatment.
- The chronic form takes much longer to heal. This is due to frequent relapses of the disease. Decoctions from fresh or dry herbs and plants can cope with the problem. The chronic form of prostatitis requires a change in diet. Bee pollen helps to increase the weakened immunity and replenish the lack of vitamins. It is important to include more berries in the diet, such as:
Effective home treatment of prostatitis is carried out not only with the help of alternative methods. The patient can take medications on an outpatient basis. The approach to treatment is complex, so the doctor prescribes several drugs at once.
Depending on the etiology of the disease and symptoms, the following drug categories are used:
- Antibacterial. The first patients are prescribed fluoroquinols. Second-line antibiotics are tetracyclines, macrolides and penicillins. Contraindications:
- individual intolerance;
- allergy to drug components;
- pathology of the hematopoietic system;
- liver or kidney failure.
- Alpha Blockers. Essential for relaxing the smooth muscles of the urethra and bladder neck. As a result of taking such funds, headache, dry mouth, weakness, skin rashes are possible. Contraindications:
- orthostatic hypotension;
- liver failure;
- individual hypersensitivity;
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Relieve pain and inflammation.
- Antispasmodic. Eliminate vascular spasms and associated pain cider. Drugs are contraindicated for:
- lactase deficiency;
- low cardiac output syndrome.
The use of cups for prostatitis improves blood circulation in the pelvic area. This normalizes the work of the organs located in it. Banks are placed on the outer edge of the sacrum at the level of 2-3 sacral vertebrae. With inflammation of the prostate, painful seals and dilated capillaries are observed in this area. Before installing the cans, you must treat the skin with alcohol.
Then perform the following actions:
- make several notches using a scarifier;
- put the jars for 10-15 minutes (due to the vacuum, the blood comes out);
- then the banks are removed, and the blood is removed with sterile cotton wool;
- the place of the notches is sealed with a bactericidal plaster;
- the procedure is repeated once every 2 weeks with a course of up to 3-5 sessions.
Treatment of prostatitis with folk remedies involves the use of water procedures. These are baths that improve the blood supply to the pelvic organs. They must be taken for at least 15-20 minutes. The baths are sedentary, you can dive only to the level of the lower back, and not with the whole body. The best effect will be with a simple sitting in the bath and at the same time rubbing the pelvic area and perineum.
Other recommendations for water procedures:
- doctors advise adding decoctions of medicinal herbs such as chamomile, sage, dried cress, linden to the bath;
- it is better to carry out the procedure in the evening before going to bed;
- hypothermia should not be allowed at the end of the bath;
- For a massaging effect, direct a stream of warm water of moderate pressure from the bottom up to the perineum.
Exercise helps to eliminate lymph congestion in the pelvic area. Being active is important, as a sedentary lifestyle is a provoking factor for prostatitis. A man is advised to regularly walk or jog, if the state of health allows. Morning exercises must be present in the daily routine. After that, you need to massage the perineum for a couple of minutes.
Among exercises (gymnastics), the following are especially effective:
- Squats. Perform 3 sets of 50 squats about 3 times a week. There should be a break of 3 minutes between sets.
- Pelvic Rotation. You need to stand up straight, put your feet shoulder-width apart, place your hands on your belt. Further, in this position, it is required to make circular movements with the pelvis 10 times in one / the other direction.
- Walking on the buttocks. You need to sit on the floor, straighten your legs. Next, you need to move the buttocks, making several "steps" back and forth.
Professional urologists advise all men with prostatitis to massage the prostate gland. This procedure improves local blood circulation, provides stimulation of the organ's work, good muscle tone and secretion outflow, and increases sexual performance.
Massage is performed in different ways: rectally or through the tissue of the perineum. The first method is considered to be more efficient.
Instructions for rectal massage:
- put on medical gloves;
- lubricate the index finger with petroleum jelly or cream;
- carefully insert it into the anus to a depth of 5 cm;
- for 1. 5 minutes, gently massage the prostate with light stroking movements, pressing so that there is no feeling of pain.
Another important element of effective home treatment for prostatitis is nutrition. A balanced diet leads to relief of symptoms of the disease, has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract.
It is necessary to exclude from the diet such foods as:
- strong coffee and tea;
- sweet desserts;
- fatty meats and fish;
- meat offal;
- smoked, pickles, pickled and pickled snacks;
- spicy vegetables like garlic, even with a couple of cloves;
- carbonated drinks;
- canned food;
- semi-finished products;
- fatty meat and vegetable broths;
- food with flavorings, dyes and preservatives.
Prostatitis requires a diet rich in zinc. It promotes normal sperm production and improved erection. Zinc can be obtained from legumes, seafood, chicken liver, and nuts. Juice therapy is considered effective for inflammation of the prostate gland.
Among other useful products for this disease stand out:
- fresh fruits and vegetables;
- lean meats and fish;
- fermented milk drinks;
- soy products;
- cottage cheese;
- buckwheat, wheat, oatmeal;
- weak tea;
- compotes, fruit drinks.
Treatment of the prostate with folk remedies involves the use of juice therapy, decoctions and tinctures from seeds, roots and flowers of medicinal plants.
Application of these methods has its own peculiarities:
- when combining traditional methods with electrophoresis, the effectiveness of therapy increases;
- for the preparation of alcoholic tincture, it is recommended to use stems, leaves and flowers of plants, it is better to brew the root part with boiling water;
- When choosing ingredients, you must strictly follow the instructions, and when taking, observe the dosage.
Such folk remedies for the treatment of prostatitis are an alcoholic drink, which is made by infusing fruits, seeds, spices, medicinal and fragrant herbs on alcohol or vodka. In other words, it is a plant extract. Tinctures are used both internally and externally. The advantage of tinctures is that alcohol is good at extracting medicinal substances from the plant, which guarantees their long-term preservation and provides medicinal properties.
Tinctures can be prepared for future use and used for 2-3 years.
The following recipes are considered effective for prostatitis:
- Kalagan (Potentilla) tincture. Take 50 g of the plant, dry it, pour a bottle of vodka, add 1. 5 tsp. licorice. 4-5 coffee beans must be added for the taste. Pour the contents into a glass container, send to a dark place for 1 month. At the end of this period, strain the product through cheesecloth. Conduct a reception for 1 tbsp. l. daily.
- Propolis tincture. Place the grated propolis in a glass dish. Pour the product with alcohol in a 1: 2 ratio. Next, remove the container for 1 week in a dry, shaded place. Stir the tincture every 3 days. Strain the finished product through double folded gauze. Take 30-40 drops of tincture for 0. 5 cups of warm milk daily. To enhance the effect, additionally inject a mixture of a couple of drops of propolis and slightly warmed tar into the anus every day.
- Aloe Tincture. Take 500 g of the leaves of this plant, finely chop. Then add 500 ml of semi-sweet or fortified wine and 500 ml of liquid honey to them. Mix the ingredients vigorously, send them to the refrigerator for a week. Then strain and consume 3 times daily before meals, taking 1 tsp.
Decoctions are easier to prepare. They are aqueous extracts from parts of a plant with a coarser structure. These include leaves, wood, roots, tubers. They require a longer heat treatment.
The following decoctions are considered effective against prostatitis:
- From birch leaves. You need to take 2 tbsp. l. raw, dry or fresh, grind it. The vegetable part is poured with 2 liters of boiling water. Next, the agent must be left for about 1 hour to infuse. Strain the broth before taking it, drink it throughout the day.
- Onion husks. It is required to remove the dry peel from 5-7 onions. It is poured with 700 ml of liquid, brought to a boil, boiled for about 5 minutes. The product should be infused within 2-3 hours. Before using, the broth must be filtered. Drink this volume of liquid throughout the day.
- From fennel. Take 1 tsp. dill seeds, buckthorn bark, lemon balm, horsetail and 3 tsp. juniper and steel. Boil the mixture of herbs for a few minutes after boiling, leave for a couple of hours. Take 100 ml daily. Repeat the procedure 3 times.
The unique composition of pumpkin seeds can provide the male body with the zinc it needs. You need to eat at least 30 pieces daily. It is best to do this before eating. This amount of seeds contains the daily requirement of zinc.
There is another way to use this product:
- peel 0. 5 kg of pumpkin seeds;
- twist them with a meat grinder;
- add about 200 g of honey, stir;
- mold the mixture into small balls the size of a nut;
- send to the refrigerator shelf;
- eat one "candy" 30 minutes before meals.
The wormwood plant is capable of eliminating pyogenic infections and, in general, fighting inflammatory diseases. Its effectiveness is due to its bitter taste. The entire course of treatment requires about 100 g of the herb. Raw materials need to be rubbed with hands and then sieved through a colander. The whole part is used to prepare a decoction for the purpose of douching. The wormwood that has passed through the holes of the colander is taken dry inside.
Ingestion of the herb is independent of food intake. During treatment, it is important to observe the regularity of admission. You cannot miss them even at night.
The scheme of using crushed dry wormwood is as follows:
- The first 3 days with a frequency of 2-2. 5 hours, swallow a pinch of dry raw materials, moistening with saliva and drinking water.
- For the next 4 days, use the herb only 5-6 times during the day.
- Perform micro enema daily in the evening. For 1 liter of boiling water, you must take 1 tsp. dry wormwood. Next, the rinsing agent is filtered and 100 ml is poured for the procedure. At night, half of the specified volume is injected into the anus. The second part is used for the urethra. To do this, the edges of the urethra are pressed against the tip of a small syringe. Further, its contents are injected sharply. Douching is repeated throughout the week.
Regular baking soda can have complex effects on the prostate gland. When used externally, it removes inflammation and harmful bacteria, promotes the restoration of damaged tissues, eliminates pain, itching and burning.
There are 2 main ways to use baking soda for prostatitis:
- Trays. Take 1 tsp for 2 liters of warm boiled water. iodine and 1 tbsp. l. soda. Stir to dissolve the ingredients. Pour the solution into a bowl, sit in it and wait about half an hour. Improvement is observed after the third session.
- Enemas. Before the procedure, do the usual enema using chamomile decoction. Next, in 250 ml of water you need to dissolve 2 tbsp. l. soda. The temperature of the liquid should be close to the temperature of the human body. Using a syringe, it is necessary to inject the solution into the anus. The frequency of the enema is 2 times a week.
The composition of aspen bark includes glycosides, essential oil, organic acids, tannins, carotene, flavonoids. These substances contribute to the good removal of sweat, improved urination. With prostatitis, aspen bark is able to destroy microbes, remove bile and eliminate inflammation. Contraindications to its use are problems with stool and sensitivity to the composition.
Aspen bark can be used in the following ways:
- Broth. Take dried bark in the amount of 100 g. Pour 1 liter of boiled water into a container with it. Simmer the mixture over low heat for a quarter of an hour. For reception before each meal, you must use 250 ml of broth.
- Tincture. Take dishes with a volume of more than 1 liter, put 200-250 g of dry raw materials there. Then add 0. 5 liters of vodka or alcohol there. The infusion should last for 14 days. For admission, use 20 drops of the drug. They are consumed three times a day before meals.
- Extract. This aspen bark product must be purchased at a pharmacy. It helps to strengthen the immune system, which is also beneficial for the prostate gland. You need to drink 15 drops before a meal.
Among natural antibiotics, propolis is considered effective. It relieves inflammation, eliminates pain.
At home, candles are formed from propolis, which are injected into the rectum every day for a month. The course is allowed to be repeated after 8 weeks.
Inside propolis tincture take 40 drops, taken in 1 glass of water. This procedure is repeated for 1. 5 months.
Prostatitis treatment at home quickly
Several alternative treatments for prostatitis help get rid of it faster. These are rather not separate methods, but a combination of several at once.
Rapid Healing Scheme includes:
- Prostate massage. It must be carried out daily. The index finger inserted into the anus is massaged the prostate gland.
- Nutrition. A man should eat more seafood, nuts, legumes, chicken liver. You need to eat 30 pumpkin seeds daily.
- Warm bath. To take it, you need to use herbal decoctions with pharmacy chamomile. After the passage of an acute period, a low-pressure contrast shower is recommended.
- Sports. The daily regimen of the day should include active walking. Several times a week it is necessary to do a complex of 100-150 squats in 3-4 approaches.