Inflammation of the prostate is a common reason for a man to go to a urological clinic.
Treatment of prostatitis consists in identifying the cause of the disease and prescribing special medications to improve the functioning of the prostate.
In addition, an active lifestyle, regular exercise, and physical therapy play an important role in therapy.
Also urologists have nothing against treating prostatitis using traditional medicine recipes. To avoid an exacerbation of the disease, it is better to use them simultaneously with drug therapy.
Prostate inflammation is caused by:
- congestion in the pelvic area due to a sedentary lifestyle;
- sexually transmitted diseases;
- urinary tract infections;
- prolonged abstinence from sex;
- interruption of intercourse;
- complications after urethral catheterization;
- constant hypothermia;
- abuse of alcohol, spicy and spicy foods;
- infections of other organs (for example, tonsillitis, sinusitis, pneumonia, caries) against a background of weakened immunity.
Acute and chronic prostatitis are distinguished according to the flow form.
Depending on the etiological factor, the following forms of the disease are distinguished:
- Acute bacterial prostatitisis caused mainly by gram-negative pathogenic microflora. These are E. coli (Escherichia coli), gonococcus (Neisseria gonorrhaeae), Trichomonas (Trichomonas vaginalis).
- Chronic bacterial prostatitisis diagnosed in almost 30% of cases. Its main cause is infection with chlamydia (Chlamydia trichomonas), ureaplasma (Ureaplasma urealyticum), mycoplasma (Mycoplasma). The disease can occur both independently and as a complication of the acute form of the inflammatory process of the prostate gland.
- Granulomatous prostatitisis relatively rare. It is caused by syphilis, genital tuberculosis, fungal infections.
- Chronic non-bacterial prostatitisoccurs in the vast majority of cases in men over 50 years old. Its main cause is age-related circulatory disorders.
The secret of the prostate gland has a certain antimicrobial activity and effectively copes with the infection.
Therefore, usually the development of a bacterial type of pathology occurs in the presence of congestion in the genital area. For this reason, some experts consider bacterial prostatitis to be the initial stage of non-infectious chronic inflammation.
The acute form of the disease is usually accompanied by the following symptoms:
- a feeling of heaviness in the perineum, especially when sitting;
- increased urge to urinate, sometimes they are false due to compression of the urethra by an enlarged gland;
- difficult, painful urine flow;
- pain in the perineum radiating to the penis and anus;
- sensation of a foreign body in the rectum;
- pain during bowel movements;
- temperature rise up to 38 - 40 degrees.
If the treatment of acute prostatitis is started quickly, then the patient's condition improves as early as 3-4 days. However, in the absence of adequate therapy, there is a risk of developing a purulent abscess of the prostate gland. This requires immediate medical attention in a hospital setting. Below are the signs of chronic prostatitis.
Pain. It is varied and can occur during urination, ejaculation, or at rest. The intensity depends on many factors. Sometimes a man just complains of a feeling of heaviness, and in some cases, pain medications are required. The localization of pain is also different - in the perineum, glans penis, testicles or rectum.
Urinary disorders.This is a frequent urge to use the toilet, especially at night, a sluggish intermittent stream of urine, a feeling of insufficiently emptied bladder. Sexual dysfunction is manifested in the form of early ejaculation or weakening of erection.
Psychological symptoms.Patients complain of insomnia, increased sweating, irritability, rapid fatigability. These signs pass in the phase of remission and worsen during the activation of the process. Experts emphasize that it is necessary to distinguish between prostate adenoma and its inflammation.
Adenoma is benign hyperplasia (enlargement) of an organ. This disease is associated with age-related changes in the hormonal background of men and requires consultation with an andrologist. The doctor treats prostatitis by prescribing drugs for local (suppositories) and systemic use (pills and injections in the acute course of the disease).
Therapy focuses on:
- stopping bacterial activity;
- improvement of microcirculation and blood circulation;
- elimination of edema;
- cessation of the inflammatory process;
- normalization of the outflow of secretions from the prostate gland;
- improving the immune system;
- if necessary - correction of hormonal disorders.
According to patients' reviews, the effectiveness of drug treatment of prostatitis increases with the simultaneous consumption of decoctions and tinctures from various medicinal plants:
- pumpkin seed oils;
- parsley leaves, roots and fruits;
- beekeeping products (honey, propolis, bee bread, zabrus);
- aspen bark;
- celandine juice;
- chestnut peel;
- hemlock tinctures.
Juice therapy has recently gained popularity. This technique helps to cleanse the body of toxins, strengthen the immune system, normalize the intestines, liver and kidneys, and stabilize weight. In addition to treating prostatitis, juice therapy helps to cope with many other chronic diseases. You can read about the details of this method on specialized forums.
Treatment of prostatitis in men: drugs and their principle of action
In addition to such physiotherapy procedures as transrectal massage of the prostate gland, thermal microwave therapy, the following groups of medicines are prescribed for the treatment of prostatitis in men:
- non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- herbal and biological preparations;
- angioprotectors and vasodilator drugs;
- 5-α reductase inhibitors;
Antibacterial drugs for the treatment of prostatitis in men are almost always prescribed, regardless of the form of the disease. This is not entirely correct.
The advisability of using antibiotics should be confirmed by laboratory results.Do the so-called bacterial culture of prostate secretions. The study shows not only the presence or absence of pathogenic microflora, but also its sensitivity to certain antibacterial drugs.
The duration of therapy is from 2 to 4 weeks, if necessary, it is continued for another month.When prescribing a medication, take into account its ability to accumulate in the tissues of the prostate gland. This property is possessed by fluoroquinolones, antibiotics of the group of penicillins, lincosamides, tetracyclines, macrolides. Sometimes antimicrobial therapy is also indicated at the risk of complications of non-infectious prostatitis with a bacterial infection. The dosage of drugs is calculated individually based on the age, condition of the patient and the presence of concomitant diseases of the kidneys, liver, and digestive tract.
For the treatment of acute prostatitis in men, doctors prefer injections and then switch to pills. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) are used to relieve pain and edema.The action of the drugs is based on inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis and platelet aggregation - the main factors in the development of the inflammatory process and the accompanying pain, fever and swelling.
In the treatment of prostatitis in men, the medication is suitable for topical application in the form of suppositories. This ensures a quick intake and maximum concentration of the active substance in the organ. Antispasmodics and α-blockers facilitate urination with inflammation of the prostate gland. Experts associate difficulties with emptying the bladder not only with mechanical compression of the urethra by an enlarged prostate.
The cause of this symptom is also a reflex spasm of the smooth muscles of the urinary tract. Difficulty urinating or an incompletely drained bladder can cause secondary bacterial infections, sand accumulation and stone formation. The action of adrenergic blockers develops gradually. Almost 90% of patients notice improvement after 1 - 2 weeks after starting treatment. Antispasmodics "work" a little faster, in addition, they relieve pain.
Phytopreparations and remedies based on the secretion of the prostate gland of cattle in the form of tablets or suppositories have a complex effect. They do not have such a pronounced effect as synthetic medicines.
For the treatment of prostatitis in men, phytopreparations are used either as part of complex therapy or in remission to prevent exacerbation of the disease.Angioprotectors can be used in the form of capsules or ointments for external use. Their action is aimed at normalizing blood circulation in the prostate gland. Improving venous outflow contributes to the early elimination of inflammatory exudate and elimination of puffiness.
Immunomodulators in the treatment of prostatitis in men are used to strengthen the body's defenses. The fact is that the weakening of immunity plays an important role in the development of inflammation; in this state, the risk of various bacterial complications increases. Thymus preparations, interferons, stimulants of their own immunity are widely used.
Additionally, multivitamin complexes are used to treat prostatitis in men(which drug the patient decides to choose depending on the price and the manufacturer). With strong nervous tension, insomnia, mild tranquilizers and antidepressants are indicated. If an ultrasound examination of the organs of the urinary system showed an accumulation of sand in the kidneys, appropriate medicines are selected to prevent stone formation.
How to treat prostatitis at home: diet, exercise, traditional medicine recipes
The prostate gland is the main organ of the male reproductive system, so many are interested in the question of the need for hormonal therapy in the development of the inflammatory process. Experts agree that such medications are necessary only in the absence of an effect from the main therapy of advanced prostatitis. In particular, they apply:
Preparations of the glucocorticoid group. To reduce side effects and systemic exposure, they are prescribed topically using electrophoresis.
Inhibitors5-αreductase. Medicines in this group are not hormones. Their mechanism of action is based on reducing the effect of androgens on the prostate gland. Thus, the reduction in the size of the organ and the relief of symptoms of prostatitis is ensured.
Testosterones to improve sexual function. They are prescribed extremely rarely for medical reasons and after blood tests for the content of the main hormones. Doctors advise to increase the effectiveness of drug therapy and reduce its duration using means from the arsenal of traditional medicine.
How to treat prostatitis using folk recipes:
- Peel the chestnuts and finely chop the peel and cover with a glass of vodka. Insist in a cool dry place for 14 - 20 days. Then strain and add 100 - 150 ml of clean water at room temperature. Take 10 drops twice a day on an empty stomach for 2 weeks. Then you need to take a seven-day break and repeat the course of treatment.
- Pumpkin seed oil is recommended to be drunk a tablespoon before each meal.
- Heat a glass of vegetable oil in a water bath and add 2 tbsp. crushed propolis and continue heating until complete dissolution. Use the resulting mixture as an ointment once a day before bedtime. The duration of treatment is 28-30 days.
Regular prostate massage has a good effect. You can do it yourself, ask for the help of a loved one, or use one of the special devices in the variety presented on the modern market. A contraindication for massage is the formation of stones in the prostate gland (calculous prostatitis).
Also, such a procedure is not recommended in case of exacerbation of the disease, which is accompanied by pain and fever. In addition, exercise helps when deciding how to cure prostatitis. Moderate sports activity is an excellent prevention of congestion in the pelvic region, helping to fight obesity.
Urologists recommend performing the following elements of gymnastics:
- Kegel exercises consist in rhythmic tension and relaxation of the muscles of the perineum. They must be performed at least 30 times 3 - 4 times a day.
- Walking stairs or raising knees to chest while standing.
- Raising the legs up on the bar.
You can also take a video yoga lesson.Inverted asanas and breathing exercises will help to cure prostatitis. However, this does not mean that after exercising you can continue to lead a sedentary lifestyle. For effective prevention of prostatitis and impotence, experts recommend that the stronger sex move as much as possible.
Hirudotherapy is a good addition to traditional methods of treating ailments. The course is 8 - 9 procedures, it is better to start them in the early stages of an acute inflammatory process.
The effectiveness of manipulation is due to the following factors:
- during the procedure, leeches release the substance hirudin, which thinns the blood and facilitates its circulation;
- edema goes away due to the excretion of inflammatory exudate;
- reflex action on the active points in the pelvic and genital area.
It is almost impossible to treat prostatitis without following an appropriate diet. It is necessary to give up alcohol, spicy, smoked, spicy and salty foods. Preference should be given to juices from green vegetables (especially spinach, herbs), lean meats and fish, drink plenty of liquid (water, compotes, fruit drinks).
Zinc is good for any age. This mineral stimulates spermatogenesis, improves the quality of male semen. It is found in large quantities in beef, pine nuts, peanuts, and legumes.
However, despite all the efforts of doctors, it is impossible to cure advanced forms of non-bacterial or infectious prostatitis with severe edema and pain with the help of drugs and physiotherapy. In such cases, only surgery will help. To avoid it, you need to monitor your weight, engage in sports appropriate for age and health. It is also necessary to avoid hypothermia, to prevent the development of chronic infections.
Drugs for the treatment of prostatitis
Selection of medications for the treatment of prostate inflammation requires an individual approach. When prescribing drugs, the doctor must take into account the presence of contraindications, the characteristics of the course of the disease and the cost of drugs for the treatment of prostatitis.
As you can see, the range of drugs for the treatment of prostate inflammation is wide. However, high cost does not always mean efficiency. Only a doctor should select drugs for the treatment of prostatitis and their dosage. Consultation with a specialist is also necessary before using traditional medicine with honey or herbs.
Prostatitis is one of the most common male diseases in the world. But few people know that seven out of ten men suffering from prostatitis die due to prostate cancer.
Especially scary is the fact that the bulk of men completely ignore the symptoms of prostatitis, and when they turn to doctors, they can no longer help.
- Drawing or cutting pains in the lower abdomen, scrotum or perineum
- Frequent urination, burning sensation in the urethra
- Feeling “not completely emptied bladder
- Difficulty urinating (weak stream)
- Deterioration in the duration and quality of erection
- Premature ejaculation or trouble getting it
- Increased body fatigue and irritability
Even one of these symptoms should make you wonder. And if there are two of them, then do not doubt - you have prostatitis.