The identification of prostatitis requires a balanced approach to the selection of essential and auxiliary drugs.
For successful therapy, you need to visit a urologist, purchase inexpensive and effective drugs for prostatitis as prescribed by the doctor.
What are the most effective pills for prostatitis
Many men hope to find a remedy for a quick and complete cure of inflammation in the affected gland.
The disease has many negative manifestations of a different nature: pain, urinary retention, spasms of smooth muscles, which requires the use of several different groups of drugs.
For chronic and acute prostatitis, a complex of medications is prescribed:
- Antibacterial compounds.
- Medicines (often plant-based) to activate metabolic processes in the prostate gland.
- Antispasmodics and analgesics.
- Anti-inflammatory names.
- Compounds that improve blood circulation.
Various drugs with synthetic and natural bases are used in the treatment of prostatitis.
Pharmacological category of drugs is more effective in acute inflammatory process. Herbal remedies are more often prescribed for the chronic form of pathology, to prevent relapses.
Preparations for inflammation of the prostate
You cannot take pills or use rectal suppositories that help a colleague or relative: when prescribing medications, the doctor takes into account the form of prostatitis, the degree of prostate damage, the nature of the restrictions, the type of pathogen. Improper treatment does not work, interferes with the early elimination of the inflammatory process and is harmful to health.
For chronic prostatitis
The main task is to prevent relapses. The pain syndrome is mild, the discomfort is moderate, the process of urination is partially restored.
The optimal complex of drugs for chronic prostatitis:
- compounds for activating blood circulation;
- muscle relaxants;
- symptomatic remedies;
- soothing herbal decoctions and tinctures;
- drugs for the normalization of metabolic processes in the prostate;
- vitamins and restorative compounds.
For acute prostatitis
The main task is to arrest the pathological process, to prevent further progression of the disease. The urologist prescribes drugs to prevent the transition of an acute form of prostatitis to a chronic one.
Effective drug groups and names:
- Antibiotics. The drugs suppress the activity of infectious agents.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs. The names of the NSAID group stop the pathological process, eliminate the swelling of the prostate tissues, and reduce pain. In severe inflammation, potent hormonal agents are prescribed in a short course.
- Painkillers and antispasmodics.
For prostatitis, formulations of the following groups are used:
- Non-steroidal drugs (NSAIDs).Active suppression of the inflammatory process, reduction of pain, swelling. The prolonged effect of the new generation formulations allows you to take 1 tablet per day. It is important to take into account the state of the digestive tract: non-selective NSAIDs actively irritate the mucous membranes.
- Hormonal agents.Medicines are prescribed for severe pathological process, severe pain, low effectiveness of NSAIDs. The course of treatment is from 7 to 28 days.
- Specific formulations to fight inflammation in the prostate.Preparations in the form of rectal suppositories and tablets.
Analgesics - second-line drugs (adjuvants) in the treatment of prostatitis. More often prescribed in the acute course of the inflammatory process against the background of excruciating pain. NSAIDs and analgesics are used to reduce pain.
A powerful anesthetic is prescribed for severe discomfort, the course is no more than 5 days.
Some drugs (injections and rectal suppositories) not only relieve pain, but also eliminate blood congestion, reduce swelling of the prostate gland.
When an infectious agent is identified after analyzing a biomaterial, the urologist assigns names, the components of which suppress the activity of the pathogen.
For chronic prostatitis, a man receives pills, against the background of an acute course - injections and formulations for oral administration.
It is important to destroy the lesion, to prevent the spread of infection to neighboring areas.
To improve blood circulation
With prolonged course of prostatitis, without adequate therapy, pain and congestion develop.
Against the background of poor blood circulation and tissue edema, antibiotics are less absorbed, and the effectiveness of treatment decreases.
In parallel with antibacterial compounds, the urologist prescribes drugs to improve the blood supply to the prostate tissues.
To stabilize metabolic processes in the prostate
It is important to periodically go through a course of treatment for a chronic form of the disease in order to prevent an exacerbation.
It is impossible to interrupt therapy ahead of time if the symptoms are less pronounced or disappeared: violation of the instructions reduces the effect of taking formulations to restore the functionality of the prostate.
The urologist selects the optimal form of the drug based on the results of bacterial culture. During the study, the laboratory assistant indicates in the decoding sheet the active substances that are most harmful to the identified microorganism.
Antibiotics of several groups have a good effect in the treatment of prostatitis:
- Macrolides.High efficiency of treatment in the detection of mycoplasma and chlamydia.
- Fluoroquinolones.Broad-spectrum drugs.
- Tetracyclines.Active effect on chlamydia and mycoplasma, but more side effects than macrolides.
- New generation penicillinscombined with clavulanic acid. Modern drugs show high effectiveness of therapy against the background of good tolerance.
Popular inexpensive products
Unfortunately, many drugs for the treatment of prostate inflammation are of the high price category. The costs of treating the chronic form of the disease increase against the background of long-term course use of the compounds.
It is quite difficult to find an effective tool at an affordable cost. It is important to consider the number of suppositories, ampoules, capsules or tablets in the package.
There are many different opinions about inexpensive drugs for the treatment of prostatitis. Many men note the high effectiveness of therapy with the combined use of antibiotics, antispasmodics and drugs to improve metabolism in the prostate gland.
There are also many negative reviews about the nature of the treatment, mainly for the chronic form of the disease. Most of the negative opinions are associated with the hope for the earliest possible elimination of signs of pathology, but with recurrent prostatitis, a long (up to 6 months) medication is needed, strict adherence to the schedule of use.
Many men violate the instructions, take a shorter course than expected, drink alcohol, smoke, continue to lead a sedentary lifestyle, do not attend physiotherapy or self-medicate.
With this approach to therapy, even the latest drugs for prostatitis and the advice of an experienced urologist do not help.
It is important to consider this point before starting treatment in order to avoid disappointment and neglected cases of pathology.
Treatment of recurrent inflammation of the prostate gland requires not only patience and accurate implementation of the doctor's recommendations, but also significant financial costs. Doctors advise treating the disease at an early stage so that the acute form does not turn into a chronic one.