Prostatitis is an acute or chronic disease of the prostate characterized by inflammation of the organ. Symptoms in acute form are manifested by fever, chills, fever, cramps when urinating, pain in the lower abdomen, lower back and scrotum. The chronic form of the disease, as a rule, proceeds without noticeable symptoms. Therapy for acute prostatitis consists in the use of drugs. In rare cases, surgery is required. Chronic prostatitis can be effectively treated with both medication and folk remedies.
Treatment of acute prostatitis with drugs
Acute prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland caused by infection. The disease is characterized by the occurrence of prostate edema and the formation of purulent foci in its tissues.
The following groups of drugs are used for treatment:
- Antibiotics.Medicines are the main weapon in the fight against prostatitis. In order to choose the right drug, you need to find out which microorganism has provoked prostatitis. It is necessary to make a bacterial culture of prostate juice. The duration of therapy is about one month or more. The main classes of antibiotics for the treatment of the prostate are: beta-lactams, fluoroquinolones, macrolides.
- Muscle relaxants.Used to relax the pelvic muscles and urinary organs. This helps to reduce pain and normalize urination.
- Diuretics.The use of drugs of this class is to ensure the full excretion of urine. With complex therapy, alpha-1-blockers are prescribed.
- Antispasmodics.Medicines of this class are used to relax vascular smooth muscles, which activates blood microcirculation, relieves pain and improves the release of secretions from the prostate.
When choosing a drug, do not succumb to the influence of aggressive advertisements that impose treatment of prostatitis with expensive imported drugs. It is necessary to understand that inexpensive medicines are no worse than foreign analogues, since the effectiveness of treatment is influenced by the active substance of the drug, and not by the trade name and bright colorful packaging.
Chronic disease control
Treatment of prostatitis with drugs consists of prescribing pain relievers, anti-inflammatory, immunomodulating and steroid medications.
Antibiotics should be included in the treatment of the disease.
Lifestyle changes play a special role in the fight against chronic prostatitis: rationalizing diet, giving up bad habits, increasing physical activity, avoiding stressful situations.
Popular drugs for prostate therapy
Today for the treatment of prostatitis there are a huge number of drugs of various classes. However, patients and doctors have preferences for certain drugs.
The list of the most popular medicines looks like this:
- A medicine, the main substance of which is the extract of the Serenoa plant. The substance prevents further proliferation of prostate tissue, reduces pressure in the bladder, facilitates the process of urination, and has an anti-inflammatory effect. The effect of using the drug is manifested by an improvement in urination and the general condition of a man. The drug is taken once a day, the duration of the admission is determined by the doctor.
- An animal drug that is used to treat chronic prostatitis. The drug has a wide spectrum of action: it exhibits an organotropic (selective) property in relation to the prostate, reduces edema and leukocyte infiltration of the prostate, normalizes secretory function, and activates the tone of the bladder. The drug activates microcirculation in the prostate gland by inhibiting the process of thrombus formation, prevents the formation of venule thrombosis in the prostate. The candles turn on quickly. They are used both for chronic manifestations of the disease and during the recovery period after surgery on the prostate gland. The drug is used one candle a day. Duration of admission is 10 days. Side effects of the medication can be manifested by itching in the anus.
- A medicine that affects the disease by reducing the swelling of the prostate, activating the blood supply in the pelvic region. The drug has anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effects, increases the tone of the prostate and bladder, improves immunity. It is produced in the form of injections or rectal suppositories. Suppositories must be injected into the anus twice a day. The duration of the course is 7-10 days.
- The drug, the therapeutic effect of which is based on the inhibition of the action of the male sex hormone testosterone on the growth of prostate tissue. There is a decrease in the production of dihydrotestosterone, which contributes to a decrease in the size of the prostate. This makes it easier for you to urinate. The tablets are used in an amount of one per day. The medicine is a long-term drug. The duration of therapy should be at least six months.
- A drug that belongs to the class of "antibiotics" and is prescribed for the treatment of acute or chronic bacterial prostatitis. A medicine is produced in the form of a powder for preparing a solution for injection and in the form of tablets endowed with bactericidal properties against staphylococci, streptococci and other gram-positive bacteria. In tablet form, the drug is consumed every five hours, 0. 5-1 grams.
- Medicine, produced in the form of capsules with modified release of the active substance. The drug is prescribed for dysuric disorders and benign prostatic hyperplasia, prostatitis. Contraindications to the use of the drug are liver diseases. Take the medicine by mouth immediately after breakfast, drinking plenty of liquid. The dosage is one capsule once a day.
- A drug that is of plant origin and is not a medicine. In fact, this is a fast-acting complex natural remedy consisting of extracts of ginseng, safflower leuzea, yellow zelenchuk, goji berries, Potentilla erectus, sage and Caucasian discorea. Thanks to the active ingredients, the drug increases sexual desire, erection and normalizes blood circulation in the affected area. This leads to the elimination of congestion in the prostate and the restoration of the lost functions of the genitourinary system. The therapeutic effect is also manifested in the improvement of the emotional state of a man, which is important for prostatitis. As a result, self-confidence increases and sleep normalizes. The big advantage is the absence of side effects.
Along with medications and folk remedies, prostatitis treatment should be accompanied by prostate massage. The procedure is recommended to be carried out in a medical institution by a qualified specialist.
Massage is performed as follows:
- The man takes the knee-elbow position and relaxes the muscles of the pelvis as much as possible.
- The doctor puts on gloves and inserts his index finger into the anus.
- The specialist examines the anterior rectal wall. Having found the prostate, the doctor applies gentle pressure.
This procedure triggers the release of glandular secretions into the urethra. After performing a prostate massage, it is advisable to do tests to determine the dynamics of the disease.
An important positive effect of prostate massage is the improvement of blood circulation in the prostate gland, which leads to an increase in its protective properties and activation of regenerative processes in the organ.
Fighting prostatitis at home
Prostatitis treatment is a lengthy process. In this regard, for the treatment of the disease, it is effective to use not only medications, but also alternative treatment. At home, the most popular way to treat prostatitis is to use tinctures and decoctions of medicinal plants.
Effective treatments for prostatitis:
- Celandine broth.Folk remedy can be used both simultaneously with drug therapy and after its completion. The broth is prepared as follows: 150 grams of dry grass is poured with 1 liter of boiling water and allowed to brew for several hours. After filtration through cheesecloth, about 300 grams of honey are added to the composition and 20-30 grams are consumed on the eve of each food intake. Positive results will be noticeable after a few days of admission.
- Pumpkin Seeds. The healing effect of pumpkin seeds is due to the high content of zinc in them. To achieve a therapeutic effect, it is necessary to consume 50-70 grams of seeds daily. Another option for eating pumpkin seeds is pumpkin balls. To prepare them, you need to grind 0. 5 kilograms of raw seeds in a blender and add 300 grams of honey. After that, from the resulting mixture, you can roll up small balls and use them several times a day.
- Infusion of hazel.It is a good helper in the complex treatment of prostatitis due to the presence of a large number of trace elements and tannins. Infusion has a tonic effect, increases immunity. For the preparation of a medicinal broth, bark or hazel leaves are used. You can use two parts of the plant at once. The composition is prepared as follows: 30 grams of crushed dry bark or leaves are brewed in a thermos with 300 milliliters of boiling water and left to infuse for 10-12 hours. After that, the broth is filtered through cheesecloth and drunk 50 milliliters on the eve of each meal.
- Aspen bark tincture.The healing properties of aspen bark are the same as those of hazel bark - due to the high content of trace elements and tannins in the plant. To prepare the tincture, 85 grams of dry crushed bark is placed in a glass jar with a capacity of 0. 5 liters and 250 milliliters of vodka or alcohol is added. The time required for the infusion of the healing composition is 14-16 days. Drink 1-2 teaspoon of tincture on the eve of each meal.
- Parsley.The plant has the ability to relieve inflammation in the prostate gland and normalize the genitourinary system. Vitamins, trace elements, organic acids and other compounds contained in the plant in large quantities are responsible for these properties of parsley. So, for example, 100 grams of parsley has two daily allowances for provitamin A, and vitamin C is almost four times more than in lemon. In addition, parsley contains inulin, a natural analogue of insulin. The substance is able to lower blood sugar levels. Parsley juice should be taken 20 milliliters on the eve of each meal. Healing broth can be prepared from parsley seeds. To do this, grind 60 grams of seeds in a blender and pour them with a glass of boiling water. After a two-hour infusion, the broth must be filtered through cheesecloth and consumed 20-30 milliliters before each meal.
- Kalanchoe tincture.There are two ways to use the healing properties of the plant for the treatment of prostatitis: by preparing a tincture of Kalanchoe and preparing a decoction. The tincture is prepared by mixing 100 grams of crushed leaves and 200 milliliters of vodka or alcohol. After three weeks, the tincture is ready for use. It is only necessary to filter the composition through cheesecloth. They drink 10-15 milliliters of healing liquid on the eve of each meal. The duration of treatment is 2-3 months.
- Brothfrom chestnut peel.Chestnuts are used in folk medicine as a tonic, immunomodulatory agent. To fight prostatitis, it is especially important to have a normal function of the body's immune system. To prepare the healing tincture, use the crushed peel of ripe chestnuts in the amount of 40 grams per 0. 5 liters of water. The peel is poured with boiling water in a thermos and insisted for 10-12 hours, after which the composition is filtered through cheesecloth and drunk on the eve of each meal, 20-30 milliliters.
At home, for the treatment of prostatitis, medicinal herbs can be used to prepare baths. The substances contained in the needles effectively relieve inflammation, relax and soothe. To prepare a bath, you can use a ready-made pharmacy infusion or prepared with your own hands.
In order to prepare the infusion yourself, you need to brew 500 grams of coniferous needles with 2 liters of boiling water and let it brew for 2-3 hours. After that, the composition must be filtered through cheesecloth and poured into a bath of water. The water temperature should be between 36-38 degrees. Bathing duration is 20-25 minutes.
Microclysters from prostatitis
For the treatment of prostatitis, it makes sense to use microclysters with warm mineral or hydrogen sulfide water. The procedure is carried out by taking 40 ml of medicinal water into a rubber bulb and introducing it into the rectum. It is recommended to keep the liquid in the intestine as long as possible.
Oil microclysters with propolis also have pronounced healing properties. It is recommended to use sea buckthorn, rosehip, plantain oils. For one procedure, it is necessary to mix 30 milligrams of purified propolis with warm oil in an amount of 100 grams. Heat the composition in a water bath to a temperature of 80 degrees and leave to cool. After cooling, filter through cheesecloth and use as directed. The result after the procedure appears almost immediately - the pain decreases, the urination process is restored. Propolis and oils are effective anti-inflammatory substances, they increase the protective properties of the body, effectively destroy harmful microflora.
Treatment of prostatitis is a long and difficult process. To achieve a positive result, it is not enough just to use medicines and folk remedies. It is necessary to radically change the way of life: give up cigarettes and alcohol, balance the diet, avoid stressful conditions, hypothermia, and normalize sex life.