Prostatitis drugs are the basic and primary remedy for the treatment of any form of this pathology. The mechanism of action of these drugs allows you to eliminate every element of the developing ailment, which in turn contributes to a faster recovery of a man.
The main thing to remember when selecting medicines used to treat prostate adenoma or prostatitis is that these drugs must be prescribed by a qualified specialist. After all, only a doctor will be able to determine the method of treatment individually for each patient, taking into account the interaction of drugs for prostate adenoma with other pharmaceutical drugs that the patient takes, also taking into account all kinds of side reactions of his body.
Every man should know that not only the pathology of the prostate itself can cause psychological and physical discomfort - an incorrectly selected drug will also bring many problems: sexual dysfunction, various allergic reactions or impotence. Therefore, you need to take a very responsible approach not only to the choice of drugs for prostatitis, but also to the treatment of such diseases in general.
The main groups of drugs for BPH and prostatitis
The method of treatment of these diseases is selected by the urologist depending on the cause of the development, duration, symptoms and form of the disease (chronic or acute), as well as on the general health of the patient.
If a patient develops symptoms of acute prostatitis, a short course of antibiotic therapy may be prescribed. If the disease is in the chronic phase of its development, then the treatment with antibacterial drugs can last two to three months. Getting rid of prostate adenoma and prostatitis completely is quite difficult. The result of such treatment will depend not only on the qualifications of the attending specialist, but also on the patient himself, whose duty is impeccable and strict adherence to all doctor's prescriptions.
It is very important in this case to use the method of complex therapy of the disease, which includes:
- taking antibiotics;
- use of hormonal drugs;
- use of alpha-blockers;
- immunomodulatory therapy;
- taking muscle relaxants and antispasmodic drugs;
- using physiotherapy methods;
- use of herbal preparations (herbal medicine);
- maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
In order to permanently get rid of such unpleasant symptoms of prostate adenoma as burning sensation, painful sensations in the lower abdomen, problem urination and decreased sexual function, a man should take all drugs prescribed by a doctor for prostatitis, as well as perform other therapy points necessary for successfultreatment of this pathology.
Alpha-adrenergic blockers - what are these drugs and how do they affect the body of a man
One of the main tasks in the treatment of adenoma and prostatitis is to improve the normal functioning of the urinary system. The process of excretion of urine from the bladder is affected by an increase in the tone of the muscle fibers of the prostate gland, as well as a significant increase in the size of this organ. The action of alpha-blockers is aimed at reducing the sensitivity of sympathetic nerve endings to norepinephrine and adrenaline. In men who suffer from adenoma and prostatitis, the excitability of the nerve endings is much higher than normal - and this, in turn, leads to the appearance of spasms and tension of smooth muscles surrounding this organ.
With the help of alpha-blockers it is possible to achieve such positive results in the treatment of this ailment as: reduction of spasm in the cervical part of the bladder, improvement of urine outflow, relaxation of muscle fibers of the prostate gland, free movement of urine in the prostatic part of the urinary canal.
Alpha-blockers are drugs for prostatitis that have a cumulative effect. Therefore, in order for the patient to feel relief from taking these drugs, they need to be used for 2-4 weeks. These drugs are used in medicine not only for the treatment of prostate adenoma or prostatitis, but also for the purpose of lowering blood pressure. It is for this reason that, as a result of taking alpha-blockers, such side reactions may occur: dizziness, lethargy, fatigue, migraine, weakness. Due to the relaxation of the muscle fibers of the genitourinary system, a man may experience a disorder such as retrograde ejaculation. This condition is caused by the reflux of seminal fluid from the vas deferens directly into the bladder.
The group of alpha-blockers includes about 60-65 items from prostatitis. The specific drug in this case is chosen by the doctor depending on the state of the physical health of the man. Treatment with such drugs is always quite long, and sometimes patients have to take alpha-blockers for life.
5-alpha-reductase inhibitors - what is known about the mechanism of action of these drugs
The main effect of these drugs is on the size of the prostate gland. The effectiveness of the use of 5-alpha-reductase inhibitors affects the process of urine outflow, the violation of which is minimized. These drugs for prostatitis in men have a stimulating effect on the synthesis of testosterone in the male body, which significantly slows down or completely stops the growth of prostate adenoma.
It should be noted that any drugs of this group not only control the state of benign prostatic hyperplasia, but also reduce the likelihood of surgical interventions on this organ. Sometimes 5-alpha reductase inhibitors do not help the patient, and the tumor continues to grow in size. In this case, an inevitable option is surgical removal of the tumor using the TUR method.
Herbal preparations for the treatment of prostate adenoma
Medicines for prostatitis in this group contain only natural herbal ingredients.
The effectiveness of herbal preparations has long been proven in practice. They successfully eliminate the obstruction of the urethra, reduce the amount of residual urine in the bladder, and improve the quality of urination. These drugs for the treatment of prostate adenoma are recommended to be taken for a sufficiently long time, until a noticeable clinical improvement is achieved and the symptoms of the disease are eliminated. It has been proven that such drugs for prostatitis are the safest and practically devoid of any side effects.
What methods of treating prostate diseases are there?
- Injections- with their help, the activity of the prostate gland is significantly increased.
- Rectal suppositories- they help to improve metabolic processes in this organ. After using these drugs, the patient needs to be at rest for 30-40 minutes. Treatment of adenoma using suppositories lasts from 5 to 10-12 days. Possible manifestation of adverse reactions to some components of the drug in the form of rashes or itching.
- Instillations- this type of therapy involves the introduction of a medicinal solution directly into the area of the prostate. The procedure is performed by a urologist, who injects the medicine into the urethra through the opening of the urethra. In one session, you can enter 4-5 ml of solution; before carrying out this procedure, the patient must necessarily empty the cavity of the bladder.
- Enemas- in modern pharmacies it is very difficult to find such drugs for prostatitis that can be used for enemas. But the pharmaceutical industry produces a lot of herbal medicinal preparations, which are worth paying attention to. This procedure is performed mainly at bedtime, in order not to overcool and not to overextend the prostate after an enema. Motherwort, chamomile, sage or calendula are perfect for treatment in this case. With the help of an enema, the patient can get rid of pain and other symptoms of this ailment at least for a short time.
Preparations for prostatitis in the form of tablets
Pills for prostate adenoma should be prescribed by the attending physician after a thorough examination of the patient, which allows to determine the stage of the disease and the most effective method of its treatment. Such drugs are most often used to relieve the symptoms of this disease, and like all other drugs for prostatitis, they are divided into several groups depending on their mechanism of action.
Most often, for the symptoms of this pathology, men are prescribed the following medications:
- Antibacterial- they are prescribed in cases where the cause of adenoma or prostatitis is an organ infection. The choice of drugs in this group is made by the doctor who treats the disease.
- Anti-inflammatory- it is recommended to take these drugs for prostatitis in the acute course of the disease to eliminate pain during urination.
- Antispasmodic- these drugs for the treatment of prostate adenoma effectively relieve spasm and have a good relaxing effect on the musculature of the gland, which in turn activates blood circulation in this organ.