Inflammation of the prostate gland or neoplasms in the form of adenomas, which lead to urinary disorders and sexual dysfunction, are a consequence of general aging of the body, or are caused by external infections and improper lifestyle.
Regardless of the cause of this pathology, a special set of physical exercises can greatly facilitate the process of treatment and restoration of prostate function in men.
General physical education, the effect of which triples with a healthy diet and refusal from alcohol and cigarettes, strengthens the immune and hormonal system of a man and in most cases excludes the appearance of prostatitis even in old age.
But in the case when there are already even the slightest signs of inflammation, such as difficulty and pain during urination, before proceeding with self-medication, you need to see a doctor. The intensity of prostatitis symptoms can be deceiving. Only after a specialist's research can the stage and nature of the course of the disease be established, and a set of physical exercises corresponding to this.
Patients diagnosed with chronic prostatitis and in the process of recovering from adenoma surgery are prescribed special therapeutic exercises, which are carried out under the supervision of a doctor. In milder forms of inflammation, the effects of drug therapy can be supported by gymnastics, which strengthens the muscles and improves blood circulation in the pelvic region. Physical activity not only stimulates the metabolism, but also relieves the psychological stress caused by the disease and supports the male body, revealing all the possibilities of self-medication.
The entire male population of the planet is subject to a sedentary lifestyle to one degree or another. Those who work only in the case of many hours of freezing at the fifth point, that is, people with a daily sedentary regime of eight or more hours, are recommended regular workouts and short warm-ups every hour and a half in a static position, regardless of where the person is.
Exercise for the prevention of prostatitis can be entered into the special workout menu, or you can do only one of them as a short warm-up, repeated up to ten times. All exercises are done while standing, the first movement is inhalation, the transition to the starting position is exhalation. The back is straight, the feet do not come off the floor.
- Semi-squats with knees to the sides;
- Raising the leg bent at the knee so that the thigh line is parallel to the floor. Then transfer the straightened leg behind the back. You can vary this exercise, taking the leg to the side. If you find it difficult to maintain balance, you can first practice with your hand resting on the back of the chair. Then gradually switch to execution without emphasis;
- Slow circular movements with a straightened leg, while straining the muscles of the buttocks;
- Wide front and side lunges. In this case, the other leg bends;
- Jumping in place, with two legs and alternating legs;
- Pulling up to the ceiling with arms extended.
For all-day warm-ups, you can use exercises to pull in and relax your abdomen and buttocks. The main principle is fixing the most tense muscles and their gradual relaxation for a possible long time. Moreover, these exercises can also be performed in a sitting position.
Climbing stairs is another easy-to-use exercise for prostatitis that strengthens your pelvic muscles. You can imitate such a step on a bench or chair, while, depending on the degree of fatigue, you can do this exercise in a different rhythm from slow walking to fast running.
A set of exercises for the pelvic organs
Exercise for prostatitis and adenoma should be strictly normalized: you cannot exhaust yourself, you must definitely observe the measure and get a charge of energy and pleasure from training.
When exercising in the morning or exercising on a mat at home, do exercises that strengthen the muscles of the pelvis and perineum and improve blood circulation in the lower trunk. It is important to note that exercise progress is measured not only by increasing reps, but also by improving technique. Stretching should increase over time, movements will become light and clear.
Most of the exercises are performed using leg movements while lying on the back:
- Straight legs are raised perpendicular to the floor and held for a few seconds;
- Straightening the legs bent at the knees parallel to the floor;
- Leg movements like riding a bicycle, you need to perform up to 500 circular movements daily. In this case, the movement must be made both clockwise and counterclockwise;
- Raise the pelvis with bent knees above the floor, then straighten the legs and spread them in opposite directions;
- Draw circles and eights with your legs, you can diversify this exercise by moving the legs closed and straightened up and down and diagonally;
- From a prone position, you need to raise your legs and spread them to the sides. Fix this position for a few seconds.
You also need to practice:
- Exercises with a training ball: rolling while sitting and lying down, squeezing the ball between the hips and legs, jumping in this position.
- Push-ups from the floor, for beginners - from the wall or the bar.
- Bench hold: positions with an emphasis on the elbows and feet.
- Moving on the buttocks while seated.
- Jumping rope.
- Bends forward from a supine position with fixed feet.
In the complex of daily gymnastics, there must be exercises to stretch the muscles and increase the flexibility of the lower spine.
Yoga for prostatitis
Before doing the exercises called asanas, you will need to do some preparatory work. In order to determine which exercises are suitable in each individual case, you need to get basic knowledge of hatha yoga, reach a certain level of muscle stretching and master a special breathing complex.
Here is a description of three asanas that will require quite lengthy training to complete:
- The legs are separated in an incomplete split 10 cm from the floor, the body is bent over and the arms extended forward touch the foot. The same is true in the other direction;
- Straight stance, body weight is transferred to one bent leg. The foot of the other leg is carried over the supporting shin, the arms are intertwined around the body;
- Lying on your stomach, grab your ankles with your hands and arch your body as much as possible.
Invisible gymnastics for prostatitis
These are special physical exercises that are indicated for prostatitis and require concentration and relaxation. With their help, a unique massage effect is achieved. The exercise should be repeated several times a day, doing 10-20 reps.
- While inhaling, pulling in the anus, while exhaling, relaxing. It is important to perform the exercise rhythmically using two different options. In the first, retraction and relaxation are performed at regular intervals as quickly as possible. In the second case, the state of maximum tension should be kept as long as possible, then the muscles should be gradually and gradually relaxed - also prolonging this process as much as possible.
- Interruption of urination. You can literally practice interrupting the urine stream, bringing such breaks to 30 per urination. You can also simulate the interruption of urination by muscle contraction.
These exercises can and should be performed for prostatitis and prostate adenoma, alternating starting positions: standing, sitting, lying. If done correctly, you can feel a surge of heat in the groin area, there may be minor residual pain that should go away over time.
This is a special set of physical exercises for the treatment of prostatitis, which, as a rule, are combined with massage and other physiotherapy procedures, and lead to the restoration of impaired functions of erection, urination and defecation. Such exercises, which in principle repeat the preventive gymnastic complex, are prescribed by the doctor, depending on the medical history, and after the urologist has decided on the question of how to treat the disease. Exercise with prostatitis can cause increased pain, so it is important to perform them with regular medical supervision.
Exercise for chronic prostatitis is very rare. According to the indications of the urologist, exercises on simulators and using dumbbells and barbells for pumping certain muscle groups can also be prescribed.
Any types of physical activity - walking, running, swimming, jumping rope, cycling, in the absence of medical contraindications, contribute to the treatment of prostatitis, raising the patient's vitality and improving his mood.