After infection of the prostate gland, an inflammatory process begins in it. If the problem is not solved, it will lead to the development of prostatitis. Medicine offers different ways to treat the prostate. The main therapy is to take antibiotics and other medications that eliminate the signs of inflammation.
In the chronic course of prostatitis, many patients use traditional methods of therapy, which have a beneficial effect on the condition of the affected organ and the work of the entire genitourinary system.
The main advantages of treating prostatitis with alternative methods
Alternative medicine has many benefits. They are what make it so popular among prostatitis patients.
Traditional methods boast the following positive qualities:
- Well tolerated by the human body.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Eliminate disease symptoms.
- Have no serious side effects.
- Can be used in combination with each other or together with synthetic drugs.
Traditional medicine is aimed at improving the general health of the patient. When used in combination with traditional methods, a complete recovery can be achieved.
Since ancient times, phytotherapy has been used for various diseases, including prostatitis.
The healing method is based on the intake of medicinal plants that have a positive effect on the performance of the whole organism. Herbal medicine has many advantages:
- Has a complex effect on the body.
- Provides for the use of plants that have antiseptic, immunomodulatory and anti-inflammatory effects.
- Relieves potential foci of inflammation.
- Requires the intake of plants that are not addictive.
Plant components have a milder effect on the human body. Therefore, they do not do as much harm as synthetic medicines. But this is also their disadvantage.
Due to their mild action, plants are not able to completely eliminate the disease. Therefore, herbal medicine will only help if it is used in combination with other methods.
Herbal medicine can be used to prevent diseases of the genitourinary system, for example, prostatitis.
Plants will only benefit if they are applied correctly.
Also, the patient needs to be prepared for the fact that such therapy will take more than one month.
Herbal medicine can achieve the following results:
- Pain relief.
- Elimination of spasmodic pain.
- Normalization of urination.
- Improved blood circulation.
- Improving sperm quality.
- Strengthening potency.
- Destruction of bacteria in the urogenital cavity.
There are a wide variety of plants that can be used to combat prostatitis. Men should pay attention to herbs, which are discussed below.
Ivan tea is a plant that helps with prostatitis. It can be seen in many recipes for folk remedies that are recommended in the presence of inflammation in the prostate gland.
The healing properties of ivan tea are provided by a unique composition, which contains:
- Vitamin C.
The herb is anti-inflammatory and antibacterial, so it makes sense to use it for prostatitis.
- Reduce the incidence of disease by strengthening the immune system.
- Reduce blood cholesterol levels.
- Destroy harmful bacteria and fungi that have entered the body.
- To increase the effectiveness of therapy, which is aimed at combating prostate adenoma and carcinoma.
- Normalize the reproductive system.
Along with this, the discomfort caused by diseases of the gastrointestinal tract goes away.
It is customary to prepare drinks on the basis of Ivan tea, which can then be drunk during the day.
You need to pour 2 tsp. dried plant or 4 tbsp. l. fresh leaves in a teapot and fill them with water. For 10-15 minutes, tea should be infused. Then it will be ready for use.
If a man has prostatitis, he should drink teas from this plant for 3 months. It is also allowed to use tinctures and ivan tea extract in therapy. Both drugs are available over the counter.
Men who have impaired blood clotting need to refuse taking the plant. In other cases, teas and tinctures will not do any harm.
The plant is actively used for prostatitis and other diseases in which there is a strong decrease in immunity.
Ginseng is also recommended for men who are worried about strong nervous tension, pain and inflammation in different parts of the body.
The phytoproduct contains saponin. It stimulates the work of absolutely all glands. The prostate is no exception.
For ginseng-based therapy to be effective, it is necessary to follow exactly the recipes for preparing folk remedies for prostatitis, in which it is the main component.
There are several ways to make homemade ginseng medicines:
- Tincture to strengthen the immune system. It is prepared from 50 g of dried plant roots, 50 g of natural honey and 0. 5 liters of vodka. The resulting mixture must be infused for at least 3 weeks in a dark place. The temperature in that room should be from 18 degrees Celsius. After the tincture will be ready for use. For medicinal purposes, it should be taken 1 tsp. before meals several times a day.
- Tincture to fight chronic prostatitis. It is prepared from 70% alcohol and ginseng root. A 10: 1 ratio should be followed. The tool should be infused for about 14 days. After it you need to take ½ tsp. 3 times a day about 25 minutes before meals.
It is worth paying attention to the fact that homemade tinctures are made on an alcohol basis. Therefore, not all men can be allowed.
St. John's wort
Another useful herb that helps to cure chronic prostatitis. St. John's wort contains the following components:
- Anthracene industrial substances. They have antibacterial properties.
- Flavonoids. They differ in anti-inflammatory action. Prevents allergies.
- Terpenes. They have antiseptic, diuretic and antiviral effects.
St. John's wort will have a beneficial effect on potency if a man starts taking medications based on it.
But much more often they are used to eliminate the symptoms of prostatitis and other inflammatory diseases that affect the genitourinary organs.
If you abuse folk remedies with St. John's wort, you can achieve the development of side effects:
- Decrease in potency.
- Disorders in the liver;
It is strictly forbidden to take them to men who have been diagnosed with liver, heart and kidney diseases.
Patients can use this recipe for St. John's wort:
- Broth. To prepare a medicinal drink, mix 200 ml of water and 1 tbsp. l. herbal mass. All this must be put on fire and boiled for 15 minutes. It is best to take a full serving of the broth chilled 3 times a day. An interval of at least 4 hours should be maintained between doses.
- Water infusion. It will take 1 tbsp. l. St. John's wort and 1 glass of boiling water. The tool must be insisted for half an hour before use. It is recommended to take a 50 ml infusion of water 3 times a day before meals.
- Tincture. To prepare a folk remedy that will help cure prostatitis, you need to take 100 g of St. John's wort and fill it with 40% alcohol. The tincture should be infused in a dark place for at least 10 days. Take it undiluted before meals for ½ tsp.
St. John's wort can be used for medicinal purposes only if a man with prostatitis has no contraindications to this medicine.
Prostatitis in men can be cured with the beloved aromatic plant parsley.
It has a huge number of beneficial properties that will be very useful in the fight against inflammation of the prostate gland, acute or chronic.
Parsley juice is very useful for men with prostatitis, as well as other products prepared on the basis of its leaves, roots and seeds.
The plant is a natural diuretic that treats edema and improves the elimination of harmful substances from the body.
To prepare a traditional medicine from parsley, you need to take a fresh root of the plant in the amount of 1 tbsp. l. and mix it with 0. 5 liters of boiling water.
After that, it is advisable to wrap the container in a cloth and leave to cool for 8-10 hours.
Parsley infusion is taken in 1 tbsp. l. several times a day every 2 hours. It is advisable to limit yourself to 3-8 doses of home medicine.
If there is a desire and opportunity, then it is worth trying to cure prostatitis with herbal preparations. They can consist of the following phyto components:
- Milk thistle.
Select only those plants that will not cause allergies.
Alternative medicine experts recommend that men who have been diagnosed with prostatitis treat the disease with bee products.
Cope with inflammation:
- 1 tspthe product must be dissolved in a small portion of warm milk. This mixture is recommended to be drunk every day before meals. Enemas are also made on the basis of propolis.
- To prepare them, take 40 g of the main ingredient, dissolved in a glass of alcohol and 2 g of cocoa.
- For an enema, use only 2 g of the solution, which is diluted in a syringe and insisted for a day. It is allowed to do such procedures within 2 months.
It is customary to combine it with medicinal plants.
- From honey, linden, chamomile, celandine and St. John's wort, which are taken in equal amounts, make a mixture.
- The main ingredient is added last. The mass is poured with water in the amount of 0. 5 liters.
- Ready infusion should be drunk every day after a meal, 1 shot.
Candles for rectal administration are made with honey. They are created from 1 tsp. beekeeping product, 1 egg and 3 tbsp. l. flour (rye).
As a result, you should get a tight mass, from which you need to form a candle. It is best to store finished products in the freezer. Every morning and evening, you need to insert a homemade candle into the anus.
- Requires 2 st. l. pour 0. 5 l of water at room temperature.
- Then bring the mixture to a boil. After about 2 hours, filter the medicine and drink 1 tbsp. l.
- Pre-mix the broth with a small portion of honey. Take this remedy 3 times a day. Store it in the refrigerator.
Some of these home remedies can be kept for some time. However, experts recommend making a fresh dose of the medicine for each appointment.
The use of hot baths in therapy must be approved by the attending physician, since such procedures are sometimes strictly prohibited for prostatitis.
Before taking a bath, it is recommended to add a decoction prepared from the following fees to it:
- Swamp caddie and willow tea (2: 2).
- Sage, linden, creeping thyme and chamomile (1: 1: 1: 1).
Any of these charges should be poured into 1 liter of boiled water and infused for 1 hour. After the finished infusion must be poured into the bath. Sitting procedures are most helpful for prostatitis. It is recommended to spend 20-25 minutes in water.
For the therapy based on the methods of alternative therapies to be more effective, men should abandon bad habits and start eating right. In the absence of contraindications, you should include physical therapy in your daily routine, which helps to improve the condition of the pelvic organs. It is also required to avoid hypothermia and regularly visit a urologist.