Intimate life for a man is of great importance, it is an indicator of his strength, self-confidence, so if a malfunction of the penis occurs, then it becomes a great stress for him. One of the most common urological diseases in the stronger sex is prostatitis. But even with such a diagnosis, the man does not want to stop having sex and therefore asks the question: "Is sex useful for prostatitis? "Specialists do not give a definite answer to their patients. But they all believe that total abstinence can only make things worse.
When making such a diagnosis, it is important to take into account the stage of the disease, the cause of the inflammation, the presence of other diseases, therefore, an individual treatment is selected for each man.
This article will discuss whether sex is useful for prostatitis, how often you can have it, and what are the contraindications in this case. And also how to quickly get rid of an urgent illness.
Prostatitis. What is it?
This is a urological disease, which is an inflammation of the prostate gland, only representatives of the strong half of humanity are susceptible to it. Previously, the pathology occurred in older men, but now it can appear in young people.
- Constant stress, worries, quarrels.
- Frequent hypothermia.
- Lack of physical activity, sedentary work.
- Hormonal disorders.
- Unstable work of the gastrointestinal tract - frequent constipation.
- Decreased immunity
- Inflammation of the genitourinary system, kidneys.
- Bad habits such as alcohol and smoking.
- Age-related changes in the body.
- Irregular food, an abundance of fast food, fatty foods.
All of these factors can contribute to prostate inflammation in men. In addition, prolonged abstinence from sex or too frequent intimate life has a negative impact.
Sexually transmitted infections, such as chlamydia, can cause prostatitis. This usually occurs during unprotected intercourse with an infected partner, or when there was a purchase of low-quality contraception.
If prostatitis is not treated, the cause of its appearance is not eliminated, then over time the disease will progress, and irreversible consequences may occur. With such a neglected situation, recovery will take years, and during this, some restrictions in the intimate sphere will be required.
The acute stage of the disease is easy to notice, because there are pronounced symptoms. But if prostatitis has passed into a chronic form, then it is difficult to determine it, because the symptoms are practically not manifested. In order to detect the disease in this case, the doctor prescribes special tests.
Let's consider the main symptoms of the disease:
- Violation of urination, a small dose of urine, sometimes even drops.
- Frequent trips to the toilet associated with the feeling of not emptying the bladder.
- Blood or other discharge in urine.
- Pain in the genitals during ejaculation, uncontrolled ejaculation, coming early or with a long delay.
- Lack of erection, excitement, attraction to the partner.
When to see a doctor?
Symptoms appear during an exacerbation of the disease. But they can subside during intimacy or exercise. Pain can be eliminated only by removing inflammation from the prostate gland. Therefore, you will need to contact a specialist, pass the necessary tests, conduct a course of drug and therapeutic treatment. Some doctors additionally recommend regular sex and traditional methods.
The effect of sex on a man diagnosed with prostatitis
What is the use of sex for prostatitis? The intimate life of a man has a positive effect on almost his entire body. For example, during intimacy, hormones are produced that help maintain immunity. It is this fact that helps to avoid many diseases, the same prostatitis.
But not all men who have this disease can have sex. Indeed, in some cases, excessive friction or irritation is undesirable.
What is the use of sex for prostatitis? Intimate life with such a disease prevents the retention of semen in the gland, which is one of the causes of inflammation. Such stagnation and the presence of microorganisms can lead to the appearance of stones, which are removed only by surgery, because the tablets in this case are ineffective.
Does Prostatitis Affect Sex And How? The intimate process increases blood flow to the genitals, oxygen and nutrients. Thus, the reproductive system is strengthened, its protective properties increase.
It can be considered that sex, as a prevention of prostatitis, is quite an effective remedy, and also helps in treatment in the early stages. During intimate proximity, the iron is actively reduced, and together with the secret, harmful microorganisms that have appeared due to the inflammatory process are removed from it.
During the ejaculation, the gland begins to produce hormones that are so necessary for the male body.
Why is sex useful for prostatitis? Outside the complicated stage of the disease, intimacy has the following positive effects:
- Increases the body's endurance.
- The psychological and emotional background of a man is normalized.
- Prevention of the formation of various diseases such as cancer, heart attack or diabetes.
- After intimacy, a man becomes more confident in himself, his self-esteem increases, he feels desirable.
- The hormone of happiness is produced, thanks to which the guy feels a surge of strength and energy, his mood rises.
- Intimacy can have anesthetic effects.
- Sex prolongs human life, improves the cardiovascular system.
- During sex, calories are burned, which helps to lose weight.
Consequently, the influence of prostatitis on sex outside the stage of exacerbation practically does not occur, but on the contrary, intimacy brings the remission of the disease closer. But, as with any treatment, you need to adhere to some recommendations.
Frequency of sexual intercourse
How often can you have sex with prostatitis? It is better to consult with a specialist about the number of sexual intercourses with this disease, because at different stages everything is individual. The basic rule for everyone is not too often and not rarely, and during an exacerbation it is better to abstain.
- All intimate relationships should be only with a constant, healthy partner, this is the only way to get maximum physical and emotional benefits.
- The number of intercourse per week should be about 4 times. That is, regular sex is shown with prostatitis.
- Ejaculation should be natural, without delay.
- If anxiety decreases, you can sometimes take special medications.
- If prostatitis was caused by a genital infection, then after getting rid of it, sex should still be protected.
- A variety of classic intimacy, the same anal contact, has a positive effect on the prostate.
- Gland massage also contributes to positive dynamics in the treatment of the disease. You can do it yourself.
- In the absence of a permanent sexual partner, it is recommended to masturbate for ejaculation, because it is necessary to remove stagnant fluid.
- When pain occurs, sexual intercourse stops immediately.
Contraindications to sex with illness
If intimate life outside the exacerbation of the disease only helps in treatment, then inflammation itself does not always have a positive effect on intimate life. Contraindications for which you should abstain from sex:
- No arousal, the penis does not rise.
- Unbearable pain.
- The presence of genitourinary diseases in a regular partner.
- No ejaculation occurs.
- There is no permanent partner, so you have to change them often. It is very important to avoid this, because all girls have different vaginal microflora, to which men "get used" over time, and during sex with different women the reaction of the genitals may differ. This is how prostatitis affects sex.
If there are contraindications to sexual intercourse, then you need to feel free to masturbate. The sensations will not be the same as during sex, but it will have a positive effect in treatment.
Disease prevention and sex
Is it good to have sex for prostatitis? Yes, if only because there is an opinion that its complete absence can lead to male infertility or impotence. But it is not necessary to constantly have sex, because in this process it is important to help the gland get rid of excess fluid, and this can be done by masturbation. But in the second case, incomplete emptying of the prostate and lack of emotional pleasure is possible. You can replace intimacy not only with masturbation, but also with massage. The latter can be done independently, but it is better to consult a specialist.
But not all men can entrust a stranger to perform such an intimate procedure as prostate massage. Therefore, you can take special courses with your soul mate.
Better treatment of the disease can only be its prevention, so it is important to adhere to an active lifestyle, give up harmful foods and habits, regularly have sex with a regular partner, be less nervous, and take vitamins with a decrease in immunity.
Is sex good for chronic prostatitis
The disease can be in various stages. But when she is in a chronic condition, the man should know that sex is not only necessary, but also useful. Intimate life in this case is a good prevention of the transition of the disease into an acute form. During intercourse, natural irritation of the prostate occurs, which helps to get rid of stagnant fluid in the gland and on its condition as a whole.
But the main thing is that sex is protected so that harmful microorganisms do not migrate to a woman.
Treatment of the disease
The fight against prostatitis is not just about intimacy. A man should consult a specialist in order for him to establish an accurate diagnosis and prescribe the correct treatment tactics. The first thing that any doctor will advise is medications that can quickly eliminate symptoms. Most popular medicines:
- Herbal infusions (peony, nettle, St. John's wort, burdock).
- Hormonal agents.
Antibacterial agents are necessary only for those who, in addition to inflammation, have harmful microorganisms; in their absence, such a drug will only harm. After the destruction of pathogenic microflora, inflammation is removed.
Anti-inflammatory are aimed at eliminating pain syndrome. Herbal preparations are excellent diuretics that facilitate urination, remove bacteria, and increase urine volume.
Hormone and physiotherapy treatments
Hormonal drugs are needed only for those men who have serious disabilities. Such funds normalize the functioning of the prostate gland, have immunomodulatory properties, and increase potency. But you need to take such medications only as prescribed by a doctor and according to the scheme. Uncontrolled use of hormonal agents can lead to significant failure of some body systems.
In addition to drugs, physiotherapy is an effective method. They are necessary only for those patients in whom the stage of the disease is in a chronic form. The procedures will help improve blood circulation in the penis, normalize metabolism and metabolism.
These methods include magnetic, laser, ultrasound therapy, massage and electrophoresis. These procedures have their own advantages and contraindications, therefore, their use is not recommended without a doctor's prescription.
In addition to physiotherapy, medicines, alternative methods of treatment can be used. But they should come as an adjunct to the main treatment.
Is sex good for prostatitis? Answering the question, we can conclude that outside the exacerbation phase, intimate life will contribute to the treatment of the disease. So be sure to make love for your health!