Diet food is prescribed by the attending physician when the first signs of inflammatory processes in the prostate gland are detected in men. Proper nutrition, although it is an auxiliary method of dealing with this ailment, however, gives a very tangible effect, especially in combination with an active lifestyle or exercise of physiotherapy exercises.
A balanced diet can significantly improve the functioning of the immune system, prevent the formation of constipation, which negatively affects the functionality of the prostate gland and reduces the frequency of urination at night. In addition, the diet for the diagnosis of prostatitis in men provides natural blood flow to all internal organs. This increases the delivery of all essential nutrients, and also prevents additional irritation of the prostate during an exacerbation of the disease.
When a patient is diagnosed with chronic prostatitis, a properly selected dietary food reduces the number of relapses of the disease.
A balanced diet for prostatitis and prostate adenoma will not cause discomfort and does not need serious restrictions. The list of allowed dishes and products is quite wide so that the menu is varied. The constant use of prohibited foods can lead to a long process of treatment or even the development of a chronic stage of prostate disease. Therefore, after consulting with your doctor or dietitian, you should completely abandon prohibited foods and limit those that are not recommended as much as possible.
The list of prohibited foods for chronic prostatitis or its more benign form cannot be called quite broad. Also, keep in mind that many foods cannot be eaten in large quantities. If the patient feels a wild desire to eat something forbidden, he needs to take into account his own state of health. So, in the acute course of the disease, a small portion of your favorite dish can cause discomfort.
In addition to alcoholic beverages, which can irritate the urinary tract and lead to severe pain, the diet for chronic prostatitis does not allow the use of the following foods:
- All legumes;
- Various sodas;
- All conservation;
- All kinds of semi-finished products and offal;
- Vegetables such as radish, sorrel, garlic and pepper;
- Fruits with a high acid content;
- Muffins, white bread;
- Fatty meats;
- Fatty and fried foods;
- Various smoked products.
In the presence of pathology, it is necessary to limit the consumption of coffee or make it less strong, and also to minimize the intake of salty and spicy dishes. All that is prohibited should be replaced with much healthier foods.
A balanced diet in the diagnosis of prostatitis or prostate adenoma cannot but be tasty or varied, even despite the presence of a certain list of prohibited foods and foods. With this pathology, it is very important for the male body to receive a sufficient amount of vitamin B6, which in turn contributes to the early absorption of useful microelements.
A high concentration of this vitamin is found in carrots, bran and sprouted wheat. Also, for faster and more effective treatment, patients struggling with prostatitis should include the following foods in their diet:
- Foods high in fiber, which helps to improve bowel function and prevent constipation. Thanks to this, the blood circulation in the small pelvis is improved, which has a positive effect on reducing inflammatory reactions. Such products include vegetables, fruits and cereals;
- Foods high in zinc. It is this useful element that has a significant effect on the full functioning of the gland, normalizes an erection, if there are such problems and reduces the risk of male infertility. In order to fully assimilate zinc, the body needs a sufficient amount of vitamin E, which leafy vegetables are rich in. You can saturate the body with zinc by consuming nuts and seafood;
- Vegetables, berries, fruits such as pumpkins, watermelons, melons, respectively, are very valuable for the return of male strength;
- Light vegetable soups, which are well absorbed by the patient's body and prevent the development of obesity;
- Fermented milk products that help cleanse the intestines;
- Various fruit drinks and compotes. Drinking is especially important during an exacerbation of prostatitis. During this period, berry fruit drinks will be very useful.
As you can see from the list of essential foods, they are all very common and do not need any special processing during preparation.
Knowing the list of permitted and prohibited products, it is very important to correctly compose the menu. During an exacerbation of prostatitis, it is best to grind the finished dish as much as possible and take it exclusively warm.
Breakfast can include the following:
- Porridge (oat, corn, pearl barley) and non-sour fruits;
- Omelet with fresh herbs, a small piece of cheese and berry compote;
- Cottage cheese casserole and fresh fruit.
Green or herbal tea, as well as still mineral water or freshly squeezed juice are perfect as a complement to breakfast.
Lunch may include:
- Lean fish soup (it would be better to cook it in the second broth), as well as a salad of eggplants and tomatoes;
- Borscht, cooked without meat, salad of carrots and fresh cucumbers, steamed fish;
- Loose rice porridge with seafood and boiled asparagus;
- Broccoli puree soup, stewed duck, and salad of tomatoes, cucumbers, low-fat cheese and olive oil;
- Cutlets, steamed beef, durum wheat spaghetti.
You can complement a hearty lunch with dried fruit compotes, rosehip infusions, green tea, and freshly squeezed juice.
Dinner may include:
- Boiled seafood and vegetable sauté;
- Meat stew with carrots and beets;
- Rabbit meat in sour cream, baked in the oven with vegetables;
- Beef stew with vegetables;
- Lean fish baked in the oven.
If you feel hungry during the day, you can have a snack with cheese cakes, muesli bars, smoothies, low-fat cottage cheese or cheese, natural yogurt, apples and bananas, dark bitter chocolate. Before brushing your teeth before bedtime, nutritionists recommend drinking a glass of low-fat kefir or yogurt, and if you wish, you can eat a small portion of yogurt.
When following a diet, it is very important not to break loose and suddenly start eating almost everything, because such an action can cause a relapse of the disease or lead to stomach problems.
In order for urine to leave the body in a timely manner during an exacerbation of the pathology of the prostate gland, it is necessary to observe the drinking regime and drink at least 2 liters of water per day (in the absence of diseases in which the amount of fluid consumed should be limited). Lingonberry and cranberry fruit drinks promote the speedy removal of all bacteria through the urethra.
In order to prevent diseases that pose a threat to men's health, it is imperative to have breakfast and snack on some fruit every 2-3 hours. Lunch must contain low-fat soup, and you should not eat fried foods for dinner.
Proper nutrition is a necessary part of the course of treatment for prostatitis. With the addition of regular physical activity or physical therapy exercises to the correct diet, the progress of recovery will come much faster.